Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Blue Oyster Cult

I have wanted to see these for years but never seem to catch them, I have a couple of mates that have and they speak very highly of the shows. "Don`t Fear The Reaper" is a rock classic up there with the very best.

Rocker440

Reaction score

^^^They are a fantastic band, Sox! Although I've been listening to them for many years and greatly enjoy all of their music, seeing them in concert really solidified the long time passion, enjoyment and respect that I have for BOC! :rock:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^They are a fantastic band, Sox! Although I've been listening to them for many years and greatly enjoy all of their music, seeing them in concert really solidified the long time passion, enjoyment and respect that I have for BOC! :rock:

Just hope they come over again so I can experience the vibe.:bow:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I think only Eric Bloom and Donald Roeser(Buck Dharma) are left from the original line-up Sox, but according to some of our forum friends they still put on a good concert.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Thats plenty for me LG I would be more than happy to see them. It gets a little more difficult with the years rolling by to catch a full set of originals. One of my favourites Dr.Feelgood have none of the originals now but I still plod to see them when I can.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You are right of course, complete line-ups of the original bands are almost impossible to find now and if a band can pull off a good live show covering the old material I guess that's all that matters.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Thats kinda my way of thinking a good example is Lynyrd Skynyrd those folk who were lucky enough to see them in the 70's know the score but I have seen the newer line ups in the 90's and last year and they still really rock.

Rocker440

Reaction score

Just hope they come over again so I can experience the vibe.:bow:

I'm sure they will, Sox. Although quite a few bands don't seem to be touring as much as they once did, or perhaps being more selective (some may say 'pacing' themselves :heheh:) about how many dates and shows they do per country or year. Keep an eye on their website for tour dates. :tup:

Lord Grendel Re: Blue Oyster Cult

You are right of course, complete line-ups of the original bands are almost impossible to find now and if a band can pull off a good live show covering the old material I guess that's all that matters.

Very true, LG! Not many bands can tour with original members, for various reasons. Somewhat interestingly, there are bands where the original members are alive and kicking, but do have personal differences that are possibly preventing reunions or just getting back together for a jam session or two.

Seeing Blue Oyster Cult in concert on the 'Cultosaurus' tour was one of the best shows that I've seen and I've seen a few. ;) They both performed for a long time, and also what seemed like almost their entire catalog, well, at least most of all their hits songs from most of their, at that time, eight or so studio albums! A very memorable show, with several significant highlights! :D

gguerra

Reaction score

I think only Eric Bloom and Donald Roeser(Buck Dharma) are left from the original line-up Sox, but according to some of our forum friends they still put on a good concert.

I saw them (again) in Fall of 2008. and really enjoyed the show.. After all, the two most important players IMO were there (Bloom and Buck). I also saw them in the early eighties for the Cultosaurus Erectus tour.. Can't remember much about that show, lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online