Blue Oyster Cult (Official Thread)

Shackles

Reaction score
I feel bad for only have listened to the first two albums and some of the hit singles. These guys are good though.

Texas King

Reaction score
Great and underrated band.
Secret Treaties is their best album IMO - all killer no filler. S/T, Tyranny and Mutation and Fire of Unknown Origin are also great albums.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
November 2017 is the 40th birthday of Spectres

Nosferatu (this was released in 1978 as a B side single to Godzilla)

I think it's a much better song than Godzilla :)
For as good as the two radio singles were from that album (Godzilla, Are You Ready To Rock), quite a few of the albums tracks on Spectres (The Golden Age of Leather, Death Valley Nights, I Love the Night and Nosferatu) are excellent!

Even the remaining four tracks are good: Searchin' for Celine, Fireworks, Celestial the Queen and Goin' Through the Motions.

It's rare that I listen to an entire album all the way through, but Spectres is one of them.

BikerDude

Dude
Reaction score
http://www.blueoystercult.com/MainFrame.html

"RARITIES VOL. 2" DOUBLE VINYL ALBUM TO BE RELEASED FOR RECORD STORE DAY, APRIL 21"

Rarities2.jpg

April 21 is Record Store Day, and Real Gone Music will be releasing a follow-up volume to last year's "Rarities" double white vinyl set, called "Rarities Vol. 2," this time on translucent blue vinyl. The cover features a previously unreleased photograph that was one of the source images from which the band members were illustrated for the "Secret Treaties" album. The album itself will contain nineteen BÖC rarities, dating from 1975-1988, with additional rare photos and liner notes featuring quotes from the band. Be sure to check your local participating record store for your chance to add this to your collection, there are only 1400 being pressed. The previous volume sold out quickly. Participating stores can be found on a list at the Record Store Day website.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online