Blind Guardian (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Blind Guardian!

Yes!! At the end of this month for the U.S. I believe. Not sure where it's out elsewhere. It is an import for me right now but has a relase date of JAN. 31st 2012???

Here is The Bard's Song Orchestral Version

Here's the band talking about the new album

6136IZa5MaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

A lot of people tell me A Night At The Opera is a must get album too. Have seen it maybe once or twice in shops.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yes that should one of the ones on the top of your list! One of their BEST albums Riff...I would suggest that one next time you have a chance.

As far as this new CD, it's their first 25 years best of CD, with all the songs remixed except for one, and three of them re-recorded including that orchestral version of Bard's Song.

:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Its a best of? Sounds awesome the remix songs but that does give a slightly deflated feeling lol not a big fan of best of albums or compilations in general. The reason I say this is if I end up with their entire discography which at some stage I will then it would be pointless getting the best of cd.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Sounds like a good weekend! Which albums do you have, Riff Raff?

I have Nightfall In Middle Earth, A Night at the Opera, A Twist in the Myth, and At the Edge of Time. All top shelf, IMO :tup:

To update my last reply Ill say I have Nightfall in Middle Earth, Somewhere Far Beyond, A Twist In The Myth, At The Edge of Time, Tales From The Twilight World, soon to add at minimum A Night At The Opera. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nightfall...is my favorite but I have almost all of their albums. I am disappointed the new CD is just a compilation, the labels can't fool me any longer by throwing "remastered" on the jacket.

If they have gone back to the original recordings and actually "remixed" them like Wilson has done with some legendary albums then I will at least give the new release a listen.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I think our chances of getting another "Demons & Wizards" record first are better than a new BG album MP.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A Night At The Opera was simply amazing to listen to. I mean it is hard to pick a favourite song from it they were all awesome. Glad to get heavy into this band again after quite a gap.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online