Blind Guardian (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think I'll dig out "Nightfall..." and play it tomorrow, after I get through the new compilation album.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Oh yeah, of that I have no doubt. I really like the two I still have ..just haven't listen to them in along time due to having so much music...I meant to get more, but I ordered the first two ( which I'm now missing ), and they were thrash metal. Something I wasn't expecting, and so it kind of threw me off abit. I never got around to getting anymore of their stuff. I have both the Demons and Wizards though.

Yeah how about it right?? They started out as thrash and turned into, slowly in time, into an epic symphonic band. Crazy...but they still pull off the speed in areas where they need to. :grinthumb

I think Hansi was motivated by his friend Shaffer, when Iced Earth re-recorded their early material because he was not happy with the production quality, so we get "remixed" updated old material on this set. Which I somehow missed when it was released, I simply thought it was yet another remaster which I am tired of.

I won't have time today MP, but tomorrow I am kicking back and drinking a few beers and will play it, then let you know what I think.

Looking forward to it man :cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah how about it right?? They started out as thrash and turned into, slowly in time, into an epic symphonic band. Crazy...but they still pull off the speed in areas where they need to. :grinthumb

I just remembered that I should have Nightfall in Middle Earth ( is that the right title ?)around here somewhere. If I fail to find that one I will be upset.

Anyway, back to the thrash thing..I started of with the three folk /symphonic/ power metal CDs and so I was not expecting their thrash era when I bought them. To tell the truth I didn't like them for a long time, mostly due to expectations of a different style. After a while I realized that it was pretty decent thrash.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Yes you've got the title right, "Nightfall in Middle Earth", based on the sprawling collection of short stories in the Silmarillion. It remains my fave BG record, no surprise considering JRR is my favorite fantasy author.(Have had the LOTR since I was 10 years old.)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ashes to Ashes, brilliant. :)

The Bards songs. Even more brilliant.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Here's a live clip of that Riff. From the Imaginations Through The Looking Glass DVD!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ That was a very good live rendition.

I am into Nightfall in Middle Earth again tonight. I liked the opener Into The Storm, Nightfall is another song I consider very memorable.

Stiff n Cold

Square Peg, Round Hole.
Reaction score
Forum has a Blind Guardian thread :woot: I made a good choice signing up here.

Got into BG earlier this year, picked up "Nightfall...", "Imaginations..." & "At The Edge Of Time" and love them all - even though "At..." is OTT and a tad introverted.

Friend of mine recommends thier Live album which I keep meaning to pick up as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online