Blackhorse (Official Thread)

joe

Reaction score
This band was introduced to me from DaKillerWolf in another thread. This stuff just sizzles. Absolutely fantastic southern heavy rock 'n' roll. Backfoot and Molly Hatchet on steroids. Kick-azz!

Blackhorse from Dallas, Texas only released one album, thier s/t debut from 1979. A CD was re-issued in 1993 but only a 1000 were produced thus making it very scarce. However there is Mp3 downloads available.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Blackhorse: Southern Fried Hard Rock

Well done Joe and DKW BLACKHORSE sound real good...good songs/sounds allround..even production. They dont even sound "dated" Its a crying shame they never got the breaks they deserved,I can see Sweaty liking this band....:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Yeah I have to thank DKW for this album as well, only have an MP3 but playing it on my Sansa through a pre-amp sounds pretty good. I will keep my eyes peeled for a proper copy though, no matter what I have to do to get it...:D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

The funniest thing about the album is it was only made to promo themselves to find local gigs. You would think the sound would suck due to the fact that it is just a self press from the 70's. Amazingly good album. I have to thank my cousin Frank for turning me on to this one. He still has one the vinyl copies.

Here's to Frank :cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Pretty cool band! The vocalist sounds spot on for the Gutteral vocal style of Danny Joe Brown. Too bad they never got further than a self-made debut.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online