Squeeze (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Squeeze is a band I always enjoyed, especially the songs Tempted, Pulling Mussels (From The Shell), Another Nail In My Heart and Black Coffee In Bed. I was surprised when I did a search that there wasn't already a thread for them. Here is a summary from Wikipedia:

Squeeze are a British band from the United Kingdom that came to prominence during the New Wave period of the late 1970s. They continued recording during the 1980s and 1990s. They have many hit songs such as "Cool for Cats", "Up the Junction", "Tempted", "Labelled With Love", "Black Coffee In Bed", "Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)", and "Hourglass". Though not quite as commercially successful in the U.S., "Tempted", "Hourglass" and "853-5937" were all American chart hits for Squeeze. All of Squeeze's hits were written by band members Glenn Tilbrook and Chris Difford.

Squeeze formed in Deptford, London in 1975, and first broke up in 1982. They then reformed in 1985, and broke up again in 1999. The band reunited for tours through the United States and United Kingdom in 2007, and continues to tour into the present day.

Difford and Tilbrook confirmed during interviews at the V Festival in both 2008 and 2011 that they plan to produce a record of new Squeeze material. However, no newly-written Squeeze material has been released or played live in concert, as of yet.

Squeeze did release Spot The Difference, which is an album of newly recorded versions of older material, in August 2010. The album contained classic Squeeze songs reproduced in such a fashion that fans are invited to 'spot the difference' from the original songs.

MORE IN LINK: Squeeze (band) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OFFICIAL SITE: Home - Squeeze Official

Discography (Studio Albums):

1978 Squeeze
1979 Cool for Cats
1980 Argybargy
1981 East Side Story
1982 Sweets from a Stranger
1984 Difford & Tilbrook: Difford & Tilbrook
1985 Cosi Fan Tutti Frutti
1987 Babylon and On
1989 Frank
1991 Play
1993 Some Fantastic Place
1995 Ridiculous
1998 Domino
2010 Spot The Difference

13273_squeeze.jpg

2007-08-07-squeeze03.jpg

Tempted

Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)

Another Nail In My Heart

Black Coffee In Bed

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never got into Squeeze, but I do have a Paul Carrack compilation album that has his hit songs from the time he was in the band. He's a very good vocalist and I wish I could get hold of the first Ace album...on vinyl.;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah ACE is pretty good...he did an ACE tune when he played with Ringo And The All Starr Band :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That is simply a great little song. I can never listen to it without remembering my Mom running up stairs and picking up the album cover to see who it was, she wore my copy of that Ace album out,,,but she bought me a new one so it evened out.;)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great thread JerseyGirl, I have loved this band for years, I have seen them a couple of times and they are still excellent, I do prefer the early stuff but they have had some great songs out over the years. I remember the first time I saw them and I thought they must be finished now and they just Kept on playing song after song and even then I remember saying oh yes I remember that one and that one :)

This is one of my faves from the later years...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I remember buying a mug from their last tour, it says on it, "Black Coffee In Bed" on it, quite nice really, better than the t-shirts on offer IMO:)

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I remember buying a mug from their last tour, it says on it, "Black Coffee In Bed" on it, quite nice really, better than the t-shirts on offer IMO:)

Very cool Sweaty! That would be something I would buy too. :grinthumb Also, thanks for posting a later video. Great song!

Always loved "How Long" MP.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I always thought that Glen was a great guitar player, I think I have seen him perform at a festival with his other band:) very underrated :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliebell

Staff online

Members online