CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Blackfeather on Wikipedia

Albums:

At The Mountains of Madness (1971)
Boppin' the Blues (1972)
Blackfeather Live at Sunbury (1974)

Here's some tracks from their "At The Mountains of Madness" album from 1971, unfortunately I cannot find their popular song from that album "Seasons Of Change", but I've got their more harder edged songs.

Oh and you're all wondering what happened with this group - unfortunately after their "At The Mountains of Madness" album, band members changed and before you knew it they were "Boppin' The Blues" before finding some original form back at Sunbury in 1973, though I haven't been able to find their album they did from Sunbury (probably have to search for a vinyl!) :(

at the mountains of madness

on this day that I dye

the rat

blkfthr2.jpg
Blackfeather 1971: (L-R) Alexander Kash, Neale Johns, Robert Fortescue, John Robinson

Last edited by a moderator:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
If you liked those tracks then definitely get "At The Mountains of Madness" album, though I have a feeling most of the tracks are on YouTube.

"Boppin' The Blues" was also another hit track for Blackfeather, though a backward step for the band due to personal changes, which makes ATMOM sound superior, not that I don't mind "Boppin' the Blues", though it sounds more like a 50s Rock 'n' Roll.
It might of been the success of another Aussie band by the name of Daddy Cool which created a short period of Rock 'n' Roll Rhythm Resurrection in the 70s which drove Blackfeather to do "Boppin' The Blues", though I'm merely guessing this is what happened. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online