Black Star Riders (Thin Lizzy) album info

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Thin Lizzy offshoot band Black Star Riders will release their debut album All Hell Breaks Loose in May, they’ve confirmed.

The 11-track disc features Lizzy men Ricky Warwick, Scott Gorham, Damon Johson and Marco Mendoza with drummer Jimmy DeGrasso, and was produced by Kevin Shirley.

Frontman Warwick – who recently revealed The Almighty will record this year – says: “I was watching a documentary about World War II bombers and saw ‘All Hell Breaks Loose’ painted on the side of one of the aircraft. It just resonated with me – it seem to encapsulate the turmoil that we, as a society, are currently experiencing.

“The past few years have been such a wild ride. It sounded like a bad-ass album title that summed up what Black Star Riders is all about.”

Lizzy came back to life in 2010 with Warwick at the helm and later discussed plans to record new music under Phil Lynott’s band name. Last year they announced their decision not to proceed, and to wind down regular live performances.

All Hell Breaks Loose will be released as a standard CD and in a special-edition including bonus track Right To Be Wrong and a documentary DVD. It’s released on May 21 in Japan; May 22 in Sweden; May 24 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Finland and Norway; May 27 in the UK, France, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Hungary and Greece; and May 28 in North America, South America and Italy.
All Hell Breaks Loose tracklist

01. All Hell Breaks Loose
02. Bound For Glory
03. Kingdom Of The Lost
04. Bloodshot
05. Kissin’ The Ground
06. Hey Judas
07. Hoodoo Voodoo
08. Valley Of The Stones
09. Someday Salvation
10. Before The War
11. Blues Ain’t So Bad

blackStarRiders.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Should be called "Thin Lizzy II", even though they have Scott Gorham in the band.

Not sure I'll bother with it or not, when I want some Lizzy I pull out one of their old records with Phil front and center and listen to it.

I know that's kind of close minded but certain bands are linked forever with the original line-ups to me and Thin Lizzy is one of them.

Fever

Reaction score
I would rather Damon Johnson put out another Brother Cane album:grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
Brother Cane Fever?? Never heard of them before.

They were a band from Alabama that had 3 albums in the 1990s. Their biggest songs were Fools Shine On and Got No Shame.Johnson reformed the band in 2011,but he was the only original member.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.