Black Sabbath (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I wonder if that had not happened, would Tony have gone on to be more of a straight blues guitarist?

Maybe the next Clapton or Beck.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Fascinating articles posted! Thanks, Khor and BigEars for continuing this discussion. It is fun reading all this.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
So Tony Iommi didnt invent heavy metal, it was Django Reinhardt :jj:it all makes sense now!

Khor1255

Reaction score
I wonder if that had not happened, would Tony have gone on to be more of a straight blues guitarist?

Maybe the next Clapton or Beck.
Iommi was in Jethro Tull briefly as a replacement for Mick Abrahams. You can see (lip synched) footage of this on The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I just need to say that 100.3 The Sound LA played 'Supernaut' the other day, and for a few glorious minutes I remembered why I once (about 35 years ago) thought that Black Sabbath were the greatest band who had ever existed....

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Okay... so now I have thoroughly listened to Black Sabbath (the debut) and Paranoid a handful of times and absolutely love them both of course! The tight interplay between the guitar work and the drumming is an aural pleasure to be discovered by every music fan. Still not a huge fan of Ozzy's voice but these songs are all epics! I feel like I have discovered these classics so very late in the game. But better late than never. Right?

Next, of course I want to get Master Of Reality and Vol. 4. Anybody wants to say their piece on what I can expect? Or maybe I should just dive right in without any expectations! :D

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to spoil this for you, just dive on in there and keep diving, great to see another enthusiastic music fan, enjoy:)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Okay... so now I have thoroughly listened to Black Sabbath (the debut) and Paranoid a handful of times and absolutely love them both of course! The tight interplay between the guitar work and the drumming is an aural pleasure to be discovered by every music fan. Still not a huge fan of Ozzy's voice but these songs are all epics! I feel like I have discovered these classics so very late in the game. But better late than never. Right?

Next, of course I want to get Master Of Reality and Vol. 4. Anybody wants to say their piece on what I can expect? Or maybe I should just dive right in without any expectations! :D

wow, i would love to be in your situation, discovering early BS for the first time. You're in for a real treat with MoR and Vol.4. After you are blown away by those two (with expectations still very high), you can verture on to SBS and Sabotage. Those are awesome, athough IMO they arent on par with the first 4 albums, but many might disagree with that and that is ok. Nothin' wrong with a little love towards mid '70's Black Sabbath.

As for Ozzy's vocals, it fits the music. If he would never been in BS, I doubt we would be talking about him 45 years later, but he was perfect for Black Sabbath.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online