Black Sabbath!! CRF April 2010 Band Of The Month!!

Rocker440

Reaction score
I also very much like Tyr! I thought the chemistry with Tony Martin as singer was both becoming better and also progressing nicely into excellent songs as well as performances, which is nicely noticeable with each album featuring him! Cozy Powell was a fantastic, solid drummer that is both sorely missed and whose contributions were terrific, imo! There are many excellent songs on Tyr! MP :grinthumb has posted most of them! Hopefully there's room for at least one more? :D

Dehumanizer is quite good, imo! Although I may have been one of the few that may not have really liked it as much as other Dio lead BS fans did, I do think it was a fairly solid album.

Btw, it may be fairly interesting to see if someone can identify all of the people in the collage from MP's post #99! ;)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Btw, it may be fairly interesting to see if someone can identify all of the people in the collage from MP's post #99! ;)

I can name quite a few of the images, but I need a larger collage. My eye sight is terrible and small images on the PC are almost impossible for me to see :heheh:

I am gonna see if I can find that collage in a larger size :D

Rocker440

Reaction score
I can name quite a few of the images, but I need a larger collage. My eye sight is terrible and small images on the PC are almost impossible for me to see :heheh:

I am gonna see if I can find that collage in a larger size

I hear you with that , Magic! :) I've tried looking at a couple of those people and either they are kind of blurry, or more likely my vision is! :D

METALPRIEST

I never thought of that...we should give a gag prize to the winner.

The gag prize winner surely won't be me, MP! :lmao:

I will give it a try though. ;)

Top left to right: :dunno:; Tony Iommi; Ozzy Osbourne; Bob Daisley; :dunno:; Don Airey?; Ray Gillen?

Next to top row: Bobby Rondinelli?; Bill Ward (at least his head and part of a drumstick); Geoff Nicholls

Bottom row: Cozy Powell; Tony Martin; Eric Singer?; Dave Spitz; Glenn Hughes; :dunno:; Ronnie James Dio

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I hear you with that , Magic! :) I've tried looking at a couple of those people and either they are kind of blurry, or more likely my vision is! :D

The gag prize winner surely won't be me, MP! :lmao:

I will give it a try though. ;)

Top left to right: :dunno:; Tony Iommi; Ozzy Osbourne; Bob Daisley; :dunno:; Don Airey?; Ray Gillen?

Next to top row: Bobby Rondinelli?; Bill Ward (at least his head and part of a drumstick); Geoff Nicholls

Bottom row: Cozy Powell; Tony Martin; Eric Singer?; Dave Spitz; Glenn Hughes; :dunno:; Ronnie James Dio

Cool go man...let me fill in.

Maybe the first one is Martin Birch? I dunno either..he didn't produce everythnig. Maye the guy who made the collage.

Geezer Butler instead of Daisley

A far shot of DIO for your first I dunno before Airey.

Ian Gillan (Not Ray)

Your last dunno would be Vinny Appice...but it looks like you nailed it.

black_sabbath_poland.jpg

Top of the week I will wrap up their final albums and close the book on our Month of April band!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Drummer Vinny Appice left the band to go back with Dio and Butler and Iommi hired ex-Rainbow drummer Bobby Rondinelli as their newest drummer. Tony Martin was asked back and Cross Purposes was recorded, at a time when the original line up was already talking about reunion plans.

c8238149e7a023675382d110.L._AA300_.jpg

Released in february of 1994 the album, again, met with mixed reviews and just missed the top 40 in the U.K. and hit # 122 in the U.S. Top 200. Eddie Van Halen co-wrote one track...and that track is called Evil Eye.

The band toured with Morbid Angel and Motorhead as opening acts and recorded the shows at the Hammersmith Apollo for a live video that was released along with Cross Purposes Live.

Bobby Rondinelli quit the band and was replaced by original drummer Bill Ward for 5 shows in South America. After the tour Geezer quit the band again to record his GZR album "Plastic Planet" in which he took a stab at Iommi for carrying on the Sabbath name as many times as he has, in the song, Giving Up The Ghost.

First_Purposes_front.jpg

Black+Sabbath+-+1994-09-03+-+Buenos+Aires-front1.jpg

band1994.jpg

c8238149e7a023675382d110.L.jpg

Rocker440

Reaction score
Cool go man...let me fill in.

Maybe the first one is Martin Birch? I dunno either..he didn't produce everythnig. Maye the guy who made the collage.

Geezer Butler instead of Daisley

A far shot of DIO for your first I dunno before Airey.

Ian Gillan (Not Ray)

Your last dunno would be Vinny Appice...but it looks like you nailed it.

black_sabbath_poland.jpg

Top of the week I will wrap up their final albums and close the book on our Month of April band!

Ah yes, Martin (The Wasp) Birch, that would make sense! Geezer, you say, MP? ;) Ok, I buy that one, albeit that's not a great photo of him, imo! That's Dio? Wow, where's my magnifying glass! :lmao:

That's Ian Gillan? Not a very flattering pic of him, but ok!

Was that pic of Vinny Appice taken of him straight out of high school? :lmao:

Back on topic now:

I've liked Cross Purposes since I first heard it! Imo, it is a terrific BS album. Partly due with the strong drumming of Bobby Rondinelli, and also with Geezer's hard bass playing presence, too! Many of the songs are top notch, hard-edged and rock! There are a couple of tracks that do have a good blues feel too, which I also enjoy!

A favorite Cross Purposes song:

This thread is fantastic! Imo, it is a great testament and also a tribute to one of the best classic hard rock bands and their excellent music! :bow: :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
After Geezer had left again, Ward also followed. The result was Iommi hiring Neil Murray and Cozy Powell. This would put back together the TYR line up. Ernie C from Body Count was hired to produce the newest album...Forbidden.

sabbath95.jpg

71r5Fi4QubL._AA300_.jpg

On the track,"Illusion Of Power" Sabbath had a guest rapper. Ice T. The album failed to chart in the U.S. and the U.K.

Sabbath toured Forbidden with Motorhead and Tiamat and after two months Cozy Powell quit the band due to health problems, replaced again by Bobby Rondinelli. In 1995 Iommi placed the band on hold and began working on a solo record with Glenn Hughes and Dave Holland but it never was released until 2004 as The 1996 DEP Sessions.

bsabbath95.jpg

sabclip3.jpg

BLACK+SABBATH+-+BLOODY+WIZARD.jpg

71r5Fi4QubL.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Gah, that Calgary article is depressing... although pretty true. One of 4 guys actually being sabbath, the rest being hired hands. :(

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
All these lineup changes left me confused. What was the best Black Sabbath lineup after Ozzie left? Which were the best or most commercially viable albums?

:huh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online