Black Sabbath!! CRF April 2010 Band Of The Month!!

Rocker440

Reaction score
^^^ That would probably be the BS albums with Dio, Foxhound. Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules, Live Evil and Dehumanizer mostly did receive both better reviews, album sales and airplay. The numerous line-up changes does kind of remind me of Spinal Tap, at times! :heheh:

A couple of pretty good songs from Forbidden:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah you have to understand that though much of the public couldn't get into many of these line up changes, nor the critics....in hindsight they are not bad recordings. We have to give Iommi evry ounce of credit for holding up the Sabbath Banner!

416LtSU3buL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Flash Forward to 1997 and Ozzfest!! Without going into any great detail...the reunion was a success!!!

sabb_ozzy.jpg

It was along Hard Road since 1979...but they got there!!

l_b400014945ceb0224fd34ae164127a81.png

416LtSU3buL._SS500_.jpg

Rocker440

Reaction score
Yeah you have to understand that though much of the public couldn't get into many of these line up changes, nor the critics....in hindsight they are not bad recordings. We have to give Iommi evry ounce of credit for holding up the Sabbath Banner!

416LtSU3buL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Flash Forward to 1997 and Ozzfest!! Without going into any great detail...the reunion was a success!!!

sabb_ozzy.jpg

It was along Hard Road since 1979...but they got there!!

l_b400014945ceb0224fd34ae164127a81.png

416LtSU3buL._SS500_.jpg

Very true, MP! In many ways keeping the Sabbath banner together and flying quite well for many years was probably no easy task, imo. More so with the other original band members going in different directions, too. Although Geezer returned at times and added quite a lot with his contributions, the few mini-reunions with Bill Ward and Ozzy didn't last very long, neither, until Reunion!

A new song from Reunion.

I will say that I was pretty bummed when Black Sabbath was finally inducted into the RRHF! But, mostly with the decision to not perform a couple of their songs together? :wtf: Although if I remember right, Metallica did play a couple of their songs, one with Ozzy!

:cheers2

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
How sad it is to be posting my final chapter to Sabbath's history (so far) on a day like today. In 2006 Black Sabbath: The Dio Years was released . The classic Mob Rules Line Up of Iommi,Dio,Butler and Appice reunited to record 3 new songs for the compilation.

Pleased with the results of the CD and the single "The Devil Cried" Iommi,Butler and Dio set out to reunite along with Bill Ward who did not participate due to musical differences. So Appice was enlisted reuniting the famous Mob Rules configuration.

Since at the time Iommi,Osbourne,Butler and Ward were playing as Black Sabbath, the band went with calling itself Heaven And Hell so the public would not be more confused at this point.

Heaven and Hell toured with Megadeth and Machine Head and released a live CD and a DVD from Radio City Mucic Hall!!

61r9BfcFjgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The three Dio albums, Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules, Dehumanizer along with Live Evil were remastered and released in a box set: The Rules Of Hell!!

51AfUV7rfKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In 2009 the band announced their new CD: The Devil You Know!!

517fv8jWR0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In May of 2009 Ozzy filed suit for 50% ownership of the name Black Sabbath. Ozzy is not ruling out future reunions but at this time he doesn't see it happening. But who knows. Only time will tell.

Ronnie James Dio passed away on May 16 2010. R. I. P.

heavenandhell1.jpg

HeavenAndHell.preview.jpg

d7dbc0a398a033e859041210.L.jpg

5LjO6nuTIqxrvPR5a61d-NobXw-EHzCjstdYpALCmB7sS1eFwd3btt5A4OBjQRK3.jpg

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'll jump in here when I get a chance to get something together.. But I'll throw out a rare studio song by them entitled, ELECTRIC SLEEP!!!

I must disappoint you, this demo version is played by sHeavy. Sounds very, very, very close to Sabbath tho. Someone tagged it wrong and now people believe it's credited to Black Sabbath.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Good ol' Black Sabbath.

And I like Ozzy with this song.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Someone should do a poll "Do you prefer Tony or Ozzy"......in my book, Tony would win rapidly!!!:):)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I kinda nudged my way down to the front, it was a very emotional way to say goodbye to Ronnie and his wife Wendy was brilliant at the end of the set. Folks had tears in their eyes.:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online