Black Sabbath 13: mastered too loud

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
I am not trying to argue with you, but I am confused on one hand you say "You don't care about the state of things..." then you are planning to spend big money on a new rig.:dunno:

If you are spending 50 grand on a stereo then get Pro-Ject's $3500 TT with the Ortofon Cadenza MC cartridge, it's the TT I almost bought last year. For the money it's as good as the $10000 tables out there.

Didn't mean to start anything with you and if you want a beautiful system then I can respect that.

I don't care because I know I can't do anything about it. That doesnt mean I don't want to sit here and listen to Mutsuko Uchida in the best possible way.

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
50,000 is alot I know that..and you have to remeber. I am mentally ill, so my brain functions differently. I'm not oppsed to spending less, but I want to hear why you think I shouldn't spend thatuch. That's all this is.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You will have all kinds of decisions to make when you spend your money, if I were you I'd buy the speakers first then work back from there.

You can get a great system for a lot less money was all I was trying to say. Of course if you did spend 50 Grand then you will have a beautiful system that should last a lifetime.

I can say this much, a $1000 TT/Cartridge sounds better than a $5000 CD player with all the top level DAC's built in.

If more of us expressed we do care about what's going on, then just maybe it wouldn't have got to this point. That's why I went back to vinyl again before I retire from collecting, it's my way of making a statement.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I would gladly offer my advice if you asked me about equipment RS.

In the end the sound you want will be a very personal choice, it always comes down to that.

I know my friends at Audio Ark would light up if I walked in the door to spend that much money.:heheh:

OK, this thread is about Sabbath's album being too loud, sorry for hijacking it but I think we are finished now.;)

Khor1255

Reaction score
Simple question, is there a device that allows you to add 11 speakers to a 4 speaker system? I know if the speakers are 8 or 16 ohm you can double them up but does that mean a 16 ohm speaker allows you to run 3 per output?

Sorry for the off topic but I'm trying to save my brother in law some cash while still having his whole restaurant wired.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
I have not heard the new sabbath but i was disappointed with the quality of the new van halen and helloween cds.Great albums but poorly recorded in my opinion.I have msg by msg on my speakers at the moment via an ipod connection-bloody perfect-sorry lg.You would think with their budget they would get it right.I was discussing music with a dude in an apple shop who explained that death magnetic was horrible on cd but good on vinyl.Maybe sabbath will be ok on vinyl

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Also Lg i agree with what you say.Each to there own and live within your means.I am a member of head fi and to be honest i see people who are never satisfied and in my opinion addicted to achieving perfection.Im very lucky as i love my portable system and my room system.Nice and simple and cheap.Ps you and running shoes should have a nice cold beer together as you are both from sunny Canada.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I think people like the album mainly because it's a 'reunion' type album, same with Van Halen. I personally think could be a lot better if not the drummer AND the producer.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I much prefer the records that are mastered loudly. Tom Petty specifically released the Mudcrutch live EP without the clip-pinching modern production and as a result it's the worst-sounding modern album I own.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online