Bill Ward Threatens to Leave Black Sabbath Reunion

Peacheater

Reaction score
I can understand somewhat,how the purist feel, but it's kinda hard for me to grasp. At times it seems that Tony is just using the name as a cash cow, but in the 80's he was so adamant about Seventh Star being a solo thing. The whole love affair has been quite tumultuous. Myself...not really caring, if, the players don't care about the fans. Ronnie cared DEEPLY, and he had scruples, like the time he bailed when Tony said Sabbath was gonna open for Ozzy. He said no effin' way, and damnit, you HAVE to respect him for that! For me, I appreciate every line-up, whether it's Ozzy, Ronnie, Ian, Glenn, Ray or Tony! (I won't mention the other 4, they don't count, and that's another story). I prefer a singer that doesn't need a teleprompter tho ;) I just hope Mr.Osbourne doesn't leave people short of their ticket surcharges.
Whomever they hire, I am sure will be in better physical shape than Bill to handle a tour. (Make sure mommy gives you your vitamins Ozzy)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Imagine if Portnoy stepped in ........... just sayin '

Okay THAT would be SICK!!! :drummin: :oyea:

While that makes for good campfire fodder (stories to think about) ... and I'm sure that Portnoy would have fun with it in the beginning, I think it would wear off quickly and he'd be incredibly bored after a very short time.

To me, Vinnie would be the #1 guy to replace Ward, which I think would be a no-brainer for most fans. *shrug*

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
At the end of the day Lynch, I have to agree with you. If it's not Bill it's got to be Vinnie...but PLEASE...PLEASE....oh Bill....:wa

Exorcist

Resident Evil
Reaction score
Been a Sabbath fan for years. I followed them through thick and thin. As much as I would love to see the original four play together, it makes me wonder if perhaps Bill Ward may not be healthy enough to play and tour with the band. He is also very quick to point the finger at Sharon. It's kind of ironic considering that not long ago he was willing to climb up Ozzy's arse.

Someone mentioned Charlie Watts earlier in this thread. Isn't he technically a 'paid employee'. Why you might say? More than likely due to the fact that most of the writing is done by Jaggar/Richards. I suspect that most of the writing for the new album (CD) was done by Iommi and Butler. Ozzy would be brought on board to tailor Butler's pre-written lyrics to his own singing style.

If Bill Ward was 'truly' interested about the fans, he wouldn't care what he was paid. In this case, I agree with the other 3 Sabbs; contribution=$$

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online