Bill Ward Threatens to Leave Black Sabbath Reunion

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...and that's what I'm saying there DKW. If and only IF it is indeed a Sharon issue...I think it's crappy. Bill was right there for her hubby...showed alot of love for his brother. He probably didn't get paid squat (or very little) for his appearance and commentary in that film.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Some people may not understand this, but Bill Ward was very important to
shaping the original Black Sabbath sound. It was not only Tonys' new style of riffing in a down tuned, evil sounding manner, but also the almost modern Jazz rhythm section that Geezer and Bill were playing that make Sabbath so different in their era. Ward was playing almost big band swing but in his own heavy rock interpretation. He and Geezer were HUGELY important to the HEAVY sound Sabbath innovated. Just as important as Ozzy's tortured demon like vocal delivery ( strange sounding stuff in it's day w/o a doubt ) and Tonys riffs...

They are all BLACK SABBATH MK I ...Bill deserves to get more then just a helping hands wages. TBH, even if they get another drummer I'll be all over whatever they do, and I'll be going out to see them, BUT Ward deserves his due, and the rest of them should feel crappy if he isn't getting it.
Oh yeah, I have to correct my earlier statement. If they do a good album I will also be all over it. I will have no choice but to see it live as well. I haven't really heard much I like these days and I'm not expecting much from Sabbath this time either but if it is good I will buy the hell out of whatever they produce and see them as many times as I can with or without Bill.

I think it would be shameful for them to only pay a pittance but I like a band for what music they make. What kind of people they are off stage has almost no bearing on whether I support them as musicians. If that were the case I'd probably have almost no musician I really liked.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Breaking News: Sharon Osbourne Fires Bill Ward

Now I'm not saying it's true, but it's a headline you can all google and pick a site of your choice.

If it's her....man...I'm so sorry to Ozzy :bonk:

cyggy

Cygnusx1
Reaction score
Thats because Bill and Ozzy were closer to each other then they were with Tony and Geezer. Though Geezer always seemed to get on with Ozzy just fine, looking at their post Sabbath associations. I'm sure it's not a Bill ,Ozzy thing, though it could very will be a Sharon, Bill thing, over money. Like everyone here has already pointed out, that is her historic way of doing things...

Interesting observation DW , I noticed Bill was the only member of the band at Ozzy's 60th birthday celebrations that I could see.... I like Bill .

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online