Beyond the Labyrinth (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Beyond the Labyrinth

They sure are putzing around with this new album, it should have been out before Christmas.:nw:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I would consider this band fickle in their decision of how to release this album. They came up with the idea to release singles as they got the material done, in the hopes to gain a larger fan base.

I do think the "starving artist" sydrome is affecting them to some degree. I would love to see them embark on a world tour......then the $$$$ would roll in for them. This band is magnificent!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You might be right, but I also think the leader is a perfectionist, they are almost as bad as Boston when it comes to albums Magic.

If they want to become bigger, they have to release more albums in less time, and touring where they live is a heckuva lot easier than touring here.

I am just tired of waiting, hell I'd pay for a FLAC DL right now and print my own covers.:heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

That is the problem, the dl's are from I-tunes. I wont pay for those, so I am waiting on the full album :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You Know how I feel about that....corporation.:nw:

langkoar

Reaction score

Well .. the leader speaking here ...
We face a major setback when our previous drum player decided, in the middle of the series, to step back, took some time to work in the new drum player.
Our new drum player recorded new takes for all songs - making the singles collectors' items and we additionally recorded 4 songs "The Girl With The X-Ray Eyes", "Strenght", "The Darkest Page" and "Raise The Horns". In between we did the bass takes for Imperia's new album as well as we share the same bass player.
Then we found a deal but this meant postposing once again to allow everyone to do his "Magic" promoting the stuff.
3 vids (Peter Principle, Hidden Agenda, Oceans Apart) have already been uploaded again, with the new mixes. "The Girl With The X-Ray Eyes will follow on May 7th.

As for the concept : we believe in the concept single by single, like in the seventies, but it took some time to find out that no one was buying downloads because most of the fans of our stuff prefer tangible stuff. Well, we did a sleek 5-color offset disk with a nice 16 page storybook booklet ...
Editing video clips is something that also takes quite some time - on top of our daytime jobs off course.

The album is pressed and ready at distribution - it will be released on May 13 th but a lot of stores already offer it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is great news, I know Magic will be happy the new album is ready.:cheers2

Thanks for letting us know Langkoar.:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Excellent!

:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a gentle bump with a link to the 2011 album review:

langkoar

Reaction score
New Beyond The Labyrinth clip "Healer"

Beyond The Labyrinth believe in the healing power of music (*), so it was only a logical step to write a song like “Healer”.

Written under the band’s adage “trying to combine the song writing of Abba with the power of AC/DC”, “Healer” must be one of the lightest, most accessible songs BTL ever released.

Just like its predecessor “Wings”, the lyrics of the song were interpreted in a more literal way for the accompanying clip under the motto “it’s only rock’n’roll”, and for this clip as well the band could count on the support of band fans and friends. Attentive spectators may notice that some of the air hostesses from “Wings” do a reappearance in a nurse outfit this time ... or in a sleeping gown...

Healer videoclip on youtube : Beyond The Labyrinth - Healer - YouTube

making of, including bloopers : Beyond The Labyrinth Healer video clip - the making of - YouTube

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online