McFly

Reaction score
Re: Best Song On Neil Young's After The Gold Rush

Don't let it bring you down, 'cause the guitar has this strange tune

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Got to be the title track, just beautiful beautiful stuff. I love the sentiment contained in Southern Man, and hated Skynyrd's redneck response to it, but I most love NY sitting at the piano or strumming on an acoustic, as soon as he plugs into an amp I am suddenly 95% less interested.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

Cripple Creek Ferry.

Got to be the title track, just beautiful beautiful stuff. I love the sentiment contained in Southern Man, and hated Skynyrd's redneck response to it, but I most love NY sitting at the piano or strumming on an acoustic, as soon as he plugs into an amp I am suddenly 95% less interested.

I used to be like that with Bob Dylan, for the first 10 or so years that I listened to him, I dismissed his electric tracks, just couldn't get into them at all. Now I like and enjoy both, would probably listen to more of his electric albums than acoustic nowadays.
I have heard that Neil Young wasn't pleased with his Performance and Sound during the recording of his Unplugged album. Does anybody here have it? And if so, what do you think?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Southern Man is the only song I could listen to on this album and I don't even like that one.

I'd much rather listen to Skynyrd's retort to this goofy Canadian's bitching about the US below the Mason Dixon Line.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I'd much rather listen to Skynyrd's retort to this goofy Canadian's bitching about the US below the Mason Dixon Line.

Don't Let It Bring You Down

Death on Credit

Reaction score

Tell Me Why has always been my favorite.

Followed closely by Don't Let it Bring You Down and I Believe in You. Absolutely amazing record.

runtfan

Reaction score

but I most love NY sitting at the piano or strumming on an acoustic, as soon as he plugs into an amp I am suddenly 95% less interested.

Agree totally on this. I saw Neil in '82 and he spilit the show into halves - first half was just acoustic guitar and piano and Neil - and he played most of what I wanted to hear...excellent! Then he took a break and came out and rocked with his Les Paul and playing with pre-recorded tracks. It was loud and raucous and boring as all hell ( and don't tell me it was because he wasn't with Crazy Horse - have you heard Crazy Horse? :))
When Neil plugs in his Les Paul, I'm a step or two away from the volume knob ( certainly) or the on/off switch ( likely).

BTW, I voted for Don't Let It Bring You Down

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online