• John Corabi for Vince Neil in Motley Crue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Johnny Van Zant for Ronnie Van Zant in Lynyrd Skynyrd

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Without the slightest doubt I say--Bruce Dickenson for Paul Di'Anno in Iron Maiden.

Dickinson was like the final brush stroke on a Da Vinci masterpiece. Dickenson has such a powerful, excellent voice, and a great theatric stage presence. Add him to an incredible band, and Harris' outstanding lyrics--we have a perfect metal band. Dickinson made Iron Maiden metal gods.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bon Scott, good replacement for Dave Evans.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Bruce Dickinson for me, he is what put Maiden on the path to superstardom and legendary status that the band will enjoy for decades to come.

713550.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
It was between Bruce Dickinson and Dio for me...but I went with Ronnie James...if anything..for what he brought to the band ...considering where they were at that point.

Not that Bruce didn't do the same thing for Maiden, but Sabbath were going into a slump on a personal level at that point and boy...WHAT A BOUNCE BACK thanks to Dio.

:bow:

It was between Bruce and Ronnie for me too but I went the opposite direction. Both Ozzy and Ronnie are great singers so it was just apples and oranges whereas I feel like Bruce is a vastly more talented singer than Paul Di'Anno is so he was a better replacement in my view.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Bruce. Dio replacing Ozzy IMO was not that great since IMO Sabbath's great years were behind them and they already established themselves as legends where as Iron Maiden had not until Bruce came on board.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I voted for Johnny Van Zant. For one, he has stood the test of time in the band. After all, he has now been in Skynyrd for much longer than his brother ever was.

Besides, who better to replace a departed vocalist than his younger brother? Makes perfect sense to me.

Actually, all seven of your choices are very good. I could have voted for any of them, quite frankly, and still slept pretty good tonight.

Do remember that neither Bon Scott nor Rob Halford was the original vocalist in their respective bands, so they could also be considered replacement singers in their own right.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
It's good to see Johnny Van Zant at least get 3 votes amongst the metal head crowd.

:cheers2

Why thank you.

He deserved it for not only his longevity but quite frankly being a better singer and better writer than Brian Johnson, who would have been my second choice.

Some of the other guys either didn't last in their bands long enough before being replaced themselves or in the case of Dickinson, there were just better candidates in the poll in my opinion (i.e. Van Zant and Brian Johnson).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online