Best Metal Bands from the USA

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I remember stumbling across Kamelot when we were in Rocket Magic, and telling you they were really really good, back then you were still a "Mellow Girl", but now you have gotten to like a lot of the same bands as I do.:hab:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love Kamelot, a metalhead mate of mine recommended that :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^I remember stumbling across Kamelot when we were in Rocket Magic, and telling you they were really really good, back then you were still a "Mellow Girl", but now you have gotten to like a lot of the same bands as I do.:hab:

You knew if you kept after me sooner or later I would cave in, you've had some huge influences in the music I now listen to on a regular basis

:tm:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^MP loves them too, he told me they are as good live as on record, along with putting on an excellent show. Roy Kahn is one of my favorite metal vocalists for sure.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really like Korns recent album Remember Who You Are, full of kickass tunes.
Oildale is my favourite.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You knew if you kept after me sooner or later I would cave in, you've had some huge influences in the music I now listen to on a regular basis

:tm:

It has worked the other way as well, I have quite a few artists that you introduced me too...:cheers2

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I would consider Kamolet as Scandinavian as only the singer is American.They are stellar though :grinthumb

Yeah true ,LG. And I do like Demons and Wizards ( have both CDs ) but John's music and Hansi's vocals just sound pretty much the same as in their bands, just a hybrid of the two with nothing new added.

Don't get me wrong ..I like both CDs alot just hoping they can add some new elements if they make another CD.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!!! It's great to see sooo many listed..Maowar, Iced earth, Kamelot, Savatage...

Yeah, LG...the KAMELOT show is something to see...instead of something polished here is some raw audience footage.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would consider Kamolet as Scandinavian as only the singer is American.They are stellar though :grinthumb

I thought it was the other way around DKW, that the band is from Florida and the vocalist is from Norway...:think:

When Roy Kahn joined up Kamelot really hit their stride, but even the early albums with the original singer are good too.

I was a little surprised to see "the Used" in here, I have three of their albums but never really considered them metal, I know Sooty doesn't care which is fine but I always considered them just a hard rock band. I did smile years ago when I read about their lead singer having a bucket to hurl in during concerts, and then he had to have surgery to save his vocal chords. I wonder if he has changed his style at all since then, been a long time since I listened to their music.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online