Thread Closed Best Cover Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Hell yeah, that's a great cover. I'm by no means a big fan of Pink, but the stuff of hers that I've heard and DO like, I like it a lot. These two covers are no exception. And yeah, that guitarist, whoever he is, is pretty cool. Good phrasing, cool tone. :)

Good adds to the thread. :D

Glad you liked it so much. I'm not the biggest Pink fan myself but I caught that concert on Palladia a couple days ago and was REALLY impressed.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Crikey! I must really be out of the loop to have heard Muse's version of "Feeling Good" just today for the very first time. What a fabulous cover! :bow: And to think Origin of Symmetry is the last of their studio albums I have yet to pick up. Must get it now! :)

Also, I know I'll be lambasted for this opinion (especially by Slip) but I've always found Alien Ant Farm's version of Smooth Criminal to be vastly superior to the original! A much more uptempo, rockin' alternative and a good tribute at the same time.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I didn't read the entire thread, so I probably have some repeats here.

Manfred Mann's Earth Band ~ Blinded By The Light (Originally Springsteen)

Earth Wind And Fire ~ Got To Get You Into My Life (The Beatles)

Joe Cocker ~ With A Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)

The Bangles ~ Hazy Shade Of Winter (Simon & Garfunkel) (Really,it's awesome)

Soft Cell ~ Tainted Love (Gloria Jones)

Elton John ~ Pinball Wizard (The Who)

Elton John ~ Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (The Beatles)

Grand Funk Railroad ~ The Locomotion (Little Eva)

Jimi Hendrix ~ All Along The Watchtower (Bob Dylan)

Joe Cocker ~ Feelin' Alright (Traffic)

Elvis Presley ~ Hound Dog (Big Mama Thornton)

Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Little Wing (Hendrix)

The Beatles ~ Rock And Roll Music (Chuck Berry)

Tesla ~ Signs (5 Man Electrical Band)

That's off the top of my head. I could come up with more if I went to researching.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Well Lynch, since you liked the guitarist so much then you might be tickled by this other (really good) cover from Pink. ;)

Holy cow! :omg:

Also, I know I'll be lambasted for this opinion (especially by Slip) but I've always found Alien Ant Farm's version of Smooth Criminal to be vastly superior to the original! A much more uptempo, rockin' alternative and a good tribute at the same time.

We're playing this by the end of this month at college. Tricky arrangement and urm... we could have been given a much better song to be honest.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Isn't that Pink cover GREAT?!? I'd imagine that has to be a difficult Zep song to cover as Robert Plant was at his primitive caterwauling rocker best in their first album, so kudos to her for taking that on. And that version of Smooth Criminal does seem a little more tricky than the original. I wanna hear what you guys do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online