Bee Gees (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
From wikipedia:

"The Three Kisses of Love" is a song composed principally by Barry Gibb and recorded by the Bee Gees. It was released on 22 March 1963 as the B-side of their debut single "The Battle of the Blue and the Grey". It was later included in numerous compilations.

So, not on any studio album, and it isn't on any of their "numerous" listed compilations albums. It does appear on Rare, Precious & Beautiful Volume 2.

There are several vinyl copies of that album on ebay. It doesn't seem it was ever done on cassette or CD.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
don't know why but some friends say to me why do you like the Bee Gees! as you like rock/blues/soul and jazz...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
There are a few out there that cant see past the "Disco" era Bee Gees .What they don't understand is they are quality song writers/ musicians and some of their psychedelic pop albums are rather good ! Im not ashamed in liking them...I borrowed my parents albums

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
There are a few out there that cant see past the "Disco" era Bee Gees .What they don't understand is they are quality song writers/ musicians and some of their psychedelic pop albums are rather good ! Im not ashamed in liking them...I borrowed my parents albums

dude I didn't care what they all said I was enjoying the Bee Gees...:bow:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
Reaction score
LOU/REALM said:
There are a few out there that cant see past the "Disco" era Bee Gees
Oh my..... THEY WERE EXCELLENT IN THE 60s!!!!!!

I love my BEST OF THE BEE GEES!!!!!!!!!! (I would love getting a mono copy)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
love the soundtrack to " Saturday Night Fever " Not to sure about the movie lol...

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
One of popular song's greatest vocal artists along with the likes of Beach Boys and the Every Brothers(throw in the Association?),indeed,the majority of the group's more convincingly earnest performances seem to have occurred prior to their involvements with Arid Mardin.The black R&B influence that culminated in the gloriously essential "Saturday Night Fever" tracks are timeless pop trailblazers,but the band in their original incarnation as discovery and collective protege of Beatles mwnager Brian Epstein's brother Clive were more than marginally more respectful towards their expressive desires.In comparison,"Night Fever" and "Stayin' Alive" may seem a bit pandering…….…

RhyeInTheJar

Reaction score

Count me on on that too! Until recently my enduring image of The Bee Gees are the gold suits chest hair, medallions and high falsetto disco music. I knew they were around in the late 60s too but I had only heard a bit of Massachusetts. However having heard their 60s/ early 70s work I can say that they were a great vocal harmony pop group! The only criticism I could level at them was at times they try just a bit too hard to sound like The Beatles, rather than trying to find a more original sound. Even their psychedelic stuff (pretty tame by today's standards) is more them jumping on the bandwagon rather than innovating.

Still, I'm really glad I managed to delve into them. They're one of the most misunderstood groups ever, along with Procol Harum, and even Queen.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online