Bands with Messy Breakups

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Wiki has five occasions, but I'm not sure of their accuracy. I've never seen UFO without Schenker or Way, but I haven't seen them for a long time.

5! That's ridiculous. Ive never seen UFO with Schenker, missed that by a couple of years and sadly Pete Way is no longer a member because he's too ill to tour I believe. Got to see him once, was great.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Pretty sure Schnenker has been a member of UFO on 3 different occasions. Plus they go through band members like most of us get through water...

Saw them last night incidently. ****ing incredible as always. Phil Mogg should be a stand up comedian, hilarious banter between songs.

Phil Mogg is a fabulous vocalist, always undervalued in my opinion. Nice that you got to see them recently Powerage, I doubt they ever tour over here anymore.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Phil Mogg is a fabulous vocalist, always undervalued in my opinion. Nice that you got to see them recently Powerage, I doubt they ever tour over here anymore.

Definitely agree. Also, he's had to change his style as he can't hit some of the high notes now, but he still sounds incredible. One of the few vocalists who's lost a bit, but slightly reinvented himself in a way that still really works.

They did a North American tour last year, it's not uncommon for them to tour across the pond in support of a new album. Forgive me, are you in Canada Lord Grendel?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yes I'm in Canada Powerage, and I don't think Phil has brought UFO anywhere close to where I live.

I wonder if they ever played here...:think:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Yes I'm in Canada Powerage, and I don't think Phil has brought UFO anywhere close to where I live.

I wonder if they ever played here...:think:

Well according to Setlist FM, UFO have never played in Canada, although that is nowhere near a complete list on there. They must have played at least Toronto and Vancouver at some point.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I wouldn't be surprised if they did play down east, it's easy to schedule TO and Montreal when doing a US tour of the big cities.

But out west, I don't remember ever seeing a concert advertised not in the prairie cities anyway.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
You mean in places like Yukon, British Columbia, Alberta and the Northwest Territories? :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Everything west and north of Ontario is considered almost "Colonial" by eastern Canadians, let alone foreigners Powerage.:oyea:

I am 20 Km's from Edmonton, which is a great concert stop for any band. Trouble is the distances here are so great between gigs it's easy to just not bother.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Yeah, even in the US a lot of bands only do West Coast and East Coast, cutting out the middle. UFO being a prime example.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Was playing "London Calling" a few days ago and remembered how the Clash came apart at the height of their popularity.

Joe Strummer had an affair with Topper Headon's significant other, Mick Jones was jealous of Joe Strummer's "perceived status" as the leader of the band and drifted off into his own space just showing up when they had a gig and nurturing his grievance which eventually led to the band breaking up. For the longest time I thought Topper died of a heroin overdose, but I guess he did finally kick the habit but not until it had ruined his health. He never got over what Strummer did to him, not something a friend does to a bandmate.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online