Bands Where Having Their Greatest Hits Is Enough

Fever

Reaction score
I'm sure you're correct and that you'll find some people in agreement. I went with the premise of the thread where it asks your individual preferences. In both cases, I just wasn't too into each to pursue most of their catalog yet I like them enough to purchase a compile of what I consider to be their best.

That's cool.I am glad you liked them enough to get their greatest hits but I just wanted you to know you are missing some other really good songs :grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
no freaking way. your missing so much great music if u only have supertramp or bruce springsteen's greatest hits. but foreigner and bad company on the other hand

You are also missing some great music if you don't own Foreigner's first 4 albums and Bad Company's first 4 as well :grinthumb

As for Springsteen-I don't own anything by him-not even a greatest hits and never plan to.But I do have lots of Supertramp

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
That's cool.I am glad you liked them enough to get their greatest hits but I just wanted you to know you are missing some other really good songs :grinthumb
Thank you for understanding. They are both good bands to begin with so I am sure you are on the money. I really should take the time to really get to know artists and as always the greatest hits is the way to go sometimes as an introduction. Easy on the wallet too! LOL!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eagles-TheCompleteGreatestHits2008.jpg
The 2 cd edition I have, that all I really need of them unless I really want all their songs.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with Fever's astute observations about Foreigner and Bad Company, but not about Springsteen, Born to Run and Born in the USA are both corkers.:D

Although I'm not a fan of compilations, probably said that already but for some bands it is almost enough. What I have done over the years is if a band's compilation of their biggest hits inspire me and grows on me, then I will backtrack and pick up what is considered their best studio album. It's happened a few times over the decades.

Back to the point, here's an album I bought on vinyl and on CD, War's greatest hits.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
There's a few bands like the Troggs, the Animals, a few other early rock bands of that ilk, that I like the Greatest Hits, but they certainly don't have the depth that would convince me to find the rarer cuts or anything.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online