Bands Where Having Their Greatest Hits Is Enough

hawk11

Reaction score
What are some bands or solo artists who you wouldn't go out of your way to buy their CDs and only like certain songs and having their greatest hits or anthologies is enough.

BTW let's imagine music downloading didn't exist :D.

Some of mine :

Bruce Springsteen
Billy Joel
The Eagles
Journey
Supertramp
The Cars
Bon Jovi
Styx

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, two bands for which I wish I had gotten Greatest Hits instead of regular albums are Journey & The Eagles. I could have had all their hits instead of just some of them! Another I would throw into the ring would be Guns N Roses. Their GH gets panned but it's all I need from the band and I bloody love it.

Guitartlp

Steal your face
Reaction score
The below list might be a little inaccurate in some cases where i haven't fully given a band/artist my full attention: let's see...

1. Bruce springsteen (Agreed)
2. John mellencamp
3. Manfred mann
4. BTO (is it just me?)
5. Aerosmith
6. Tom Petty
7. 3 Doors Down
8. Nirvana
9. U2
10. MJ

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Over the years I've become...disenchanted with many of the compilation albums the artist's/label's have released. But in rare cases they do justice to a band that you like but don't want all their albums.

The Bee Gees have a compilation of their early songs, that came out before they made it really big that is all I need of their early years.

America's album "History" is another one that comes to mind, for those fans who might want all their best known songs.

A Canadian band that has an Excellent compilation album is Streetheart, I have all their studio albums but that recording is really good, highly recommended to anyone who is curious about that obscure band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Over 60 Minutes With Streetheart is the one I have Whaler.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Chuck Berry
Buddy Holly
The Animals
Howlin' Wolf
Muddy Waters

Pretty much any of the old blues and early rock 'n roll musicians, really.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was thinking of Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly, you can throw Fats Domino in there as well for me.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more regarding Journey. I make mixes of theirs that contain none of their hits that completely rock. Songs like Where Were You, Edge Of The Blade, Dixie Highway, Line Of Fire, Homemade Love, Dead Or Alive, Lady Luck, La Raza Del Sol, Mother Father, Lay It Down etc. are the other side of Journey that rocks.

Fever

Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more regarding Journey. I make mixes of theirs that contain none of their hits that completely rock. Songs like Where Were You, Edge Of The Blade, Dixie Highway, Line Of Fire, Homemade Love, Dead Or Alive, Lady Luck, La Raza Del Sol, Mother Father, Lay It Down etc. are the other side of Journey that rocks.

I agree with you on Journey and I would add Styx.With those greatest hits you get the slow sappy ballads and not the great rock songs that were never released as singles.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online