Band Breakups That Piss You Off

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Guns n Roses is another mess! Without the original band that was behind Appetite and Illusion I & II, they just do not sound the same.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
They released two (only two), but bomb-albums, and broke up in 2007. Now there's a band called Heaven's Basement (formed by ex-members of Roadstar), but from the previous group only drummer remained there. :uh:

I feel ya there man! my second favorite band ever SouthFM had one studio album and I found out about them on a message board through a friend there. They had one major label album and their single was getting some good buzz. The vocalist was amazing, the band made amazing interesting music, etc. but thew label never got behind them. They were dropped released an awesome followup themselves before breaking up because the singer wanted to go solo. It was never the same. As talented as the vocalist is he never was in anything as interesting as that band again.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I agree that they don't sound the same but I still got a lot of enjoyment out of Chinese Democracy! :grinthumb

I enjoyed the album for a while in 2008 but have rarely given it a spin since. Compared to that, Use Your Illusion I is my favourite GNR album and I listen to it every now and then, even today.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Anberlin seem to be splitting just as they are beginning to have success. I think some bands panic in the belief that if they split before too long, they still have time to start again as individuals.

I also quite liked Chinese Democracy.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Anberlin seem to be splitting just as they are beginning to have success. I think some bands panic in the belief that if they split before too long, they still have time to start again as individuals.

I also quite liked Chinese Democracy.

I actually think your point has a lot of merit. :)

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Guns n Roses is another mess! Without the original band that was behind Appetite and Illusion I & II, they just do not sound the same.

Axl Rose owns the rights to the 'Guns 'n Roses' title and he can put who the hell he likes in the band now. I really can't be bothered with them anymore, Axl is way too far up his own backside. I'd rather listen to Slash's various projects with guests.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
The one that really broke my heart was Pink Floyd in the '80s. Like a lot of Floyd fans I had turned a blind eye to the fact that Roger had become a megalomaniac. The signs were there on side four of 'The Wall', let alone Roger's not-so-subtle message to the fans with 'The Final Cut'. Over the intervening years I have come to appreciate the great body of work the guys put together over a period of 12-13 years, with the realisation that it was a miracle they lasted that long together.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Axl Rose owns the rights to the 'Guns 'n Roses' title and he can put who the hell he likes in the band now. I really can't be bothered with them anymore, Axl is way too far up his own backside. I'd rather listen to Slash's various projects with guests.

It's kind of like Billy Corgan can do whatever the heck he wants to with the Smashing Pumpkins name... except, I really really enjoyed 2012's Oceania. Looking forward to what they come up with next. Whereas, with Axl I couldn't really bother much.

The one that really broke my heart was Pink Floyd in the '80s. Like a lot of Floyd fans I had turned a blind eye to the fact that Roger had become a megalomaniac. The signs were there on side four of 'The Wall', let alone Roger's not-so-subtle message to the fans with 'The Final Cut'. Over the intervening years I have come to appreciate the great body of work the guys put together over a period of 12-13 years, with the realisation that it was a miracle they lasted that long together.

I definitely prefer The Division Bell and even Momentary Lapse to the Final Cut. On the former 2 records, they sound like they have some breathing space at last after the tyrannical dictatorship of Waters. The Final Cut is probably my least fav Floyd album along with More.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I can't think of any band breakup that "pissed me off". Some maybe bothered me or saddened me, but never pissed off.

The fact that some bands stay together when they clearly shouldn't is more annoying than a breakup is.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online