Bachman Turner Overdrive (Official Thread)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
I checked out their webpage a couple of years ago and it seems they've been touring off and on over the years, but without Randy who apparently reunited with Burt Cummings and formed Bachman-Cummings a few years ago.

If B C is there, it can only MEAN GOOD MUSIC :):cheers::bow:

wolfsblood

Reaction score
I saw Bachman-Turner Overdrive in concert in Detroit in 1986 when they opened for Van Halen. I love BTO. I truly started to get into them within the past four years since I checked out their Anthology CD set. In the 1970s BTO were a hard rock machine churning out one great tune after another. Let It Ride is one of my all-time faves.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Okay time for the next CD, this one is a landmark for me, after playing it on my modest stereo I decided that I had to have a great hi-fi system to really get the most out of my music, which started my pursuit of high quality electronics that continues to this day. Everyone of my friends that came over for the next couple of weeks were just stunned into an awed silence when I played the first track...lol. And then we would Rock The House for the rest of the album. Such good memories whenever I play this one. Their most successful recording "Not Fragile" released in 1974 and established them beyond all doubt as a Heavyweight(That's for KMET...:heheh:) in the rock world.

Blue Moanin'

Last edited:

Reaction score
I just put Blue Moanin' on a cd to drive to Virginia today haha
I'm not sure if I like Four Wheel Drive, or Not Fragile more, Depends on my mood I guess, the energy is so great with this band, as I said before, Not Fragile especially has the energy

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
You can't go wrong either way EB, I am going to be playing Not Fragile in a few minutes.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I'm gonna load "Second Hand" into the cd player and crank the stereo just to hear Fred's ultra-low bass notes. :cheers:

Rocker440

Reaction score
:bow: 'Not Fragile' is one of the best Bachman Turner Overdrive albums! It is an essential for anyone's collection. Even tho it wasn't the first one that I bought, I didn't take too much more time to get it. :heheh:

There are many different styles, tempos and great songwriting as well! With the hard rocking of 'Sledgehammer' and 'Second Hand', the blues style of 'Blue Moanin'' (certainly a favorite of mine), and also the very popular 'Not Fragile' and 'You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet' both of which received a lot of airtime on fm radio stations, still do! That can be a good thing, but it is also fairly distracting, too. This band has so many other songs that are both extremely good, and deserve some airtime, as well.

If you were a DJ just for one day which BTO songs would you play over the airwaves? :think:

The possiblities would be both endless, fun and very much enjoyable in various ways! :tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Nice to see yet another "Discerning" fan of BTO's in here.:tup:

After Not Fragile came "Four Wheel Drive", many critics panned this one as just the same old stuff, but after a few listens you can definitely hear the difference between this album and it's predecessor. I had to play this one quite a few times before "Getting It', unlike Not Fragile which was an instantaneous experience. This is a good record, I like it more now than when I bought it in 1975.

Four Wheel Drive.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score
I like some of their stuff, but not a whole lot. One thing that surprised me, though, was that Randy Bachman was the guitarist for The Guess Who before BTO. I never knew that until just recently during my Guess Who phase lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online