Are You A Fan Of Country Music?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

Khor1255

Reaction score
The country music I love I feel is an integral part of my experience on this planet. I know that sounds pretentious and gives more weight to the amount of actual country songs I do love but there it is. Folks like Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Chet Atkins, a million things Ricky Scaggs has been involved in, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, John Denver, hell even some stuff from Alan Jackson and Hank Williams Jr. (and assorted other songs from new country guys) are very cool as well. I like Allison Krauss and Dolly quite a bit as well but the thing about country that may be the coolest is the way it influenced pop.
Look at bands like The Eagles, Pure Prairie League, Canned Heat and even stuff like what Yes, Tull, ELP and even Zeppelin did at times and you see the immense impact that actual American country music had on modern music. You can see it in everywhere from Antonin Dvorak to Robert Johnson.

That said, modern country for the most part is just as bad as any other kind of corporate drool. Absolute bland, souless drek.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Country has had an almost cruelly understated place in the annals of popular culture.It bore TREMENDOUS influence as ingredient in the formation of TRUE rock and roll along with black R&B and gospel.Evidence of this is found in the many brilliant works of one MR. Ray Charles,who boldly exhibited the sociological importance of ALL these genres.I've never been a BIG country fan,but some of my all time favorite songs have emerged from the style.Right up there with all of my rock/pop faves is Charlie Rich's tumultuously tearjerking "Most Beautiful Girl In The World",which is one of the songs I enjoy SO much,I often listen to it three or four consecutive times.As a matter of fact,I very much enjoy the entire "Behind Closed Doors" album,which deservingly received a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year in 1974.I also adore many of the John Denver hits,particularly "Sunshine On My Shoulders" and "Leaving On A Jet Plane",although I DO prefer the Peter,Paul and Mary version of the latter.And what can you say about the incomparable Hank Williams whose timeless musical fortitudes seem as righteously soulful as many of the works by some of the ALL TIME great composers.HIS influence is FOREVER.PERIOD.

Moore_82

Reaction score
To some aspect yes but more so the old school years not a fan of the CMT stuff what so ever as I don't consider that country. Give me David Allan Coe, George Jones, Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Gordon Lightfoot, Tom Connors, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Woody Guthrie, and so on any time.

As well as modern outlaws Hank Williams III, J.B. Beverley, and Wayne Hancock.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I voted yes because I would rather listen to Country than Rap or Hip-hop.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online