• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I didn't vote because it didn't feel like the right thing to do. There are people who probably listen to nothing but Country music and I haven't got a problem with that, but I listen to all kinds of music that I have an ear for and some country music is in that list, then I'll listen to it, I don't think that strictly makes me a fan though. Another example is Psychedelic music, there are some bands that I really enjoy and there are others where I just think "what were they thinking?".

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
What can I say. I listen to the Byrds, Glen Campbell, Gene Clark, Flying Burrito Brothers, Gram Parsons, The Eagles, Mike Nesmith & The First Nation Band, The Lovin' Spoonful. The thing all those guys have in common is they have done a bit of Country Rock.

Though I don't mind a bit of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tom T Hall, Kenny Rogers, Slim Dusty & John Denver even though Denver once said that he felt he was more Western rather than Country, if you ask me, I think his roots are more folk based (which is probably what he was getting at), because he was with the Chad Mitchell Trio before going Solo. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" which Denver wrote was a big hit for Peter, Paul & Mary before he went solo, though also performed the song himself.

Add The Band, Emmylou Harris, Rick Nelson, Poco, Tanya Tucker, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Pure Prairie League to the above lists and that about covers it for me. :cheers2

Fever

Reaction score
Some of it-not the new stuff like Kenny Chesney or Taylor Swift (which actually isn't country)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Add The Band, Emmylou Harris, Rick Nelson, Poco, Tanya Tucker, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Pure Prairie League to the above lists and that about covers it for me. :cheers2

Yes there's those as well as The Everly Brothers & even Del Shannon did a little Country as well. :D

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I voted NO.

I went out with a guy in high school who was really into Country. He tried to convert me as I was into classic rock and metal, still am. I listened to stuff like Tracy Byrd, Terri Clark, John Michael Montgomery, and Alan Jackson for a bit. But I just can't get into it. It's just too.... hokey, is that the right word?

The only country I can honestly say I like is Patsy Cline and Alison Krauss and Union Station

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online