• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
What can I say. I listen to the Byrds, Glen Campbell, Gene Clark, Flying Burrito Brothers, Gram Parsons, The Eagles, Mike Nesmith & The First Nation Band, The Lovin' Spoonful. The thing all those guys have in common is they have done a bit of Country Rock.

Though I don't mind a bit of Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Tom T Hall, Kenny Rogers, Slim Dusty & John Denver even though Denver once said that he felt he was more Western rather than Country, if you ask me, I think his roots are more folk based (which is probably what he was getting at), because he was with the Chad Mitchell Trio before going Solo. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" which Denver wrote was a big hit for Peter, Paul & Mary before he went solo, though also performed the song himself.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't say a fan of the entire genre as that would require liking a load of different artists. I am picky and like maybe a couple of different artists. So I would say no not a fan of country, just a couple of artists and that is only because the ones I like blend blues or something of that nature into it.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Yes, but only select segments of it. I really liked the Outlaw Country of the 70's and 80's and that will always be my favorite subgenre of country. There isnt' much from newer country (90's to present) that I've cared for, but some of it is still ok.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm a fan of something from every genre period. I started out with great country artist like Alabama and Restless Heart. I got my mind open to some Country artist like John Micheal Montgomery, Alan Jackson and Kenny Rogers when going on car rides as a kid with my Grandparents. Then when Garth Brooks made country cool I got into him which lead to Tim McGraw and others. By 2003 when Johnny Cash reinvented himself it opened me up to exploring older outlaw country and liking it. I own albums by an expansive roster of Country artist but when Country is bad like a lot of modern pop Country it's reeeaaaally bad. I think the only modern Country artist who's doing it right is Jamey Johnson but I do like the harmonies of Country pop groups like Lady Antebellum though! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I do like some songs and artists..mainly old school. But I have to be honest. NO is how I voted. I couldn't call myself a "fan"

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I voted yes, but am not a die-hard country music fan a little goes a long way for me. The crossover acts dominating the field now are as much pop as country compared to the country music of the 60's and 70's.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes!!

I do the same thing with country music as I do with rock and metal.....I pick and choose what I like to hear. I have been a fan of country music for a long long time. :tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online