April Wine (Official Thread)

Berndawg

Reaction score
Re: April Wine

After BTO, this is the second best band Canada has ever produced. They could play it all. If they had been an American band, they would have owned rock music in the 70's. American lablels for Canadian bands did a piss poor job promoting them. Best songs

Roller
I like to rock
Weeping widow
You could have been a lady
Bad side of the moon

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

After BTO, this is the second best band Canada has ever produced. They could play it all. If they had been an American band, they would have owned rock music in the 70's. American lablels for Canadian bands did a piss poor job promoting them. Best songs

Roller
I like to rock
Weeping widow
You could have been a lady
Bad side of the moon

You could add Triumph to the top bands from Canada, too. But RUSH owns the Canadian market.........

I don't care what anyone says this is a killer song from April Wine:

Berndawg

Reaction score

Rush has been more of a commercial success. However, they have a very
distinct following. Many people do not like their style of music. They didn't
do too much early in their career outside of Canada either. By the time the 80's rolled in, record producers were doing a much better job promoting Canadian artists. Triumph, yup, excellent band, but not quite as versatile for playing different styles. Other bands like Trooper, Prism, and Streetheart
just didn't last long enough.

Reaction score

With those three guitarists and dual leads, could they possibly be the Canadian Skynyrd?:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I never thought of them in that light before EB...they are from the Maritimes originally before making Montreal their home base.

I'll have to post my entire April Wine collection one of these days, picked up quite a few albums over the last few months.:cheers:

Reaction score

^^I never thought of them in that light before EB...they are from the Maritimes originally before making Montreal their home base.

I'll have to post my entire April Wine collection one of these days, picked up quite a few albums over the last few months.:cheers:

:heheh:

The three guitar solos/leads and the classic rock n roll stance all of the guitarists took, in unison made me think of Skynyrd:D

Rockperson

Reaction score

Really good band, I`ve had most of their albums at some time or other, the only album I now have of theirs is my personal favourite - Harder...Faster.

Some great songs by the band but my favourite track is still Before The Dawn. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^That's my 2nd favorite April Wine album RP...and it is a corker.:D

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Have liked April Wine forever. Made a name for themselves in the US at a time when it was not easy for Canadians to break in there. Good band, Myles has a great voice..can sing anything.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online