April Wine (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: April Wine

Nice to see some April Wine love. They are such an underrated band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I agree Cosmic and nice to see you are a fan.

Here's Electric Jewels, one of their best albums. The first time I saw it available on CD I snapped it up.:D

Weeping Widow.(I would post Cat's Claw but I can't find a youtube vid for it.)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score

A cool 70's/early 80's rock band, with a lot of cool tunes...

Here's my Top 10 Favorite April Wine Songs...
in no particular order...

Roller
Weeping Widow
You Could Have Been A Lady
Hot On The Wheels Of Love
Sign of the Gypsy Queen
Oowatanite
I Like To Rock
Anything You Want, You Got It
Tonite Is A Wonderful Time to Fall in Love
Rock 'N' Roll Woman

Favorite Album :

e61b228348a0a991483bc010.L.jpg

Sign Of The Gypsy Queen, Tellin' Me Lies, Wanna Rock, All Over Town, Just Between You And Me, Big City Girls, Crash And Burn...

Probably April Wines most solidest album, in my opinion, just basic late 70's/early 80's rock - that sounds good.

I love throwing April Wine songs into my music mixes!

Here's a early classic from '72...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Add Say Hello to your list Groovy Man and it's complete.:tup:

Live! is my favorite with Electric Jewels, Harder Faster and Nature of the Beast next in line.

I think their greatest hits compilation album is excellent for those who just want the hits.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Saw them in the 80's, no super stage, just a few lights, they let their playing kick the peoples assssss. no bombs, fireworks or bullschit, just ROCK AND ROLL !!!!

oh they rocked

Indeed taha! Saw them in the summer of 81. They opened for REO. Music videos from The Nature of the Beast album were rotated quite heavily in the early days of MTV. Yes kiddies, MTV actually played music back then.:heheh:

Reaction score

Indeed taha! Saw them in the summer of 81. They opened for REO. Music videos from The Nature of the Beast album were rotated quite heavily in the early days of MTV. Yes kiddies, MTV actually played music back then.:heheh:

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:
what?....
Music Television played music... on television?
why would they do something like that?...:heheh:

gguerra

Reaction score

Saw them with Rush in San Antonio, they were really good at the time (and new to me).. I just can't remember whether it was with the Hemispheres tour in 79 or Moving Pictures in 81. Guess I'll have to dig up the ticket stub. After looking up some tour dates, I noticed they used to also tour with Triumph and Mahogany Rush (also Canadian)

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Yeah, who knew that filming a couple of drunk, skanky girls fighting over some pluto head teenage guy in a hallway would became the benchmark of entertainment in the 21st century?!:bonk::lmao::heheh:

Rocker440

Reaction score

I'm also a long time fan and follower of this terrific band! I've enjoyed their music for many years now, with many of my favorites being mentioned by the esteemed fellow CRF rockers above! :tup:

I really feel that April Wine was both writing and releasing excellent music in the 1970's, but really hit their strides with Harder...Faster and also Nature of the Beast! I will admit that I need to listen to more of their great music, and more frequently, too! :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online