April Wine (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: April Wine

I only wrote it last night Thumper, it still has the New Car Smell even...:heheh:

Nice to see some love for AW, Say Hello is great and so is another song off Magic's fave.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Out of all the bands of the late 70's to early 80's, I think this band has the most unique and cool band name.

When I first heard of them, and saw they were going to be at the Thunderbird, my old man didn't want to go see them because he thought it was a band for "chicks".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I really like the Live album I posted in the OP, it showcases the whole range, and they are just like EB described, good old rock 'n roll.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

These are all great songs..so cool to see a thread in tribute to them and this active! :cheers:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

aprilwine.jpg

april+attitude+cvr.jpg

^^That is Myles Goodwyn's son pictured on the album cover.

rtbuck

Reaction score

LG,That first live album is great.Of Course Cats Claw & Could've been a Lady are cassics but for some reason I love the first song "Mama it's True". I don't know what it is about that tune because it's nothing more than a hard rock tune but for some reason I tend to listen to it a lot. I seen them & Nazareth together around '80 & they were incredible especially drummer Jerry Mercer who had one of the coolest drum solos. They opened with "Oohwatanite" & it was an incredible opening tune complete with sirens,cowbell,& Pyro. Roller & Hot on the Wheels of Love are great tunes as is the whole First Glance album.Harder Faster is great as well,in fact I love everything including those early albums like Stand Back. When I seen them they were Promoting Nature of the Beast which I almost would say is my favorite album especially for "Crash & Burn" & "Future Tense". Around the release of 'Nature of the Beast' there was a cool "Made for TV" drama movie titled the Killing of Randy Webster & they used almost every tune from "Nature..." throughout the movie.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Harder Faster, and Nature Of The Beast are almost universally considered their best albums, add the Live one I posted and Electric Jewels and I think you would have the essential AW albums in the library.

You continue to amaze me, I have said it before is there anybody you Haven't seen live Bucky?...:bow:

rtbuck

Reaction score

LG,between '78 & '83 there weren't many shows I missed. Back then it was cheap enough & plus being young back then I always loved getting up extra early to go wait in line for tickets.There was only the one main Ticket outlet where tickets went onsale first & it was always quite an experience. By '83 the top price for a great ticket was still only 15 bucks.It may be a great experience seeing a band but it's really tough for me to justify paying 60 or 70 bucks for a concert.

Sorry I got off the April Wine subject for a little bit! I did see them around 2003 at a free outdoor show but because of my back I didn't last long at all.What was great about them was that Myles said they weren't going to play anything past 1978.I remember they played Weeping Widow & Cats Claw that night but that's about all I recall

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score

Love their pre Capitol Records stuff. Saw them in '05 at HoB and they were great. Pure rock band with two really good guitarists in Brian Greenway and Miles Goodwyn. Jerry Mercer impressed me. Good drummer (retired now). I really got into them when Nature of the Beast came out and only recently got into their older stuff. Weeping Widow and Silver Dollar are among my favorites. Roller is a cool song with some awesome lead guitar trade offs. That made them in the States but wasn't played to death.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice to see you in the house Telecat. I love Electric Jewels, in fact I'll post the covers today sometime.:tup:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online