Angel (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
ANGEL: 1978 LIVE INTRO FILM UNEARTHED AFTER 36-YEARS!:
It's not every day that never-before-seen Angel footage from the 1970s surfaces. Even more rare, this live film contains the only publicly-available moving images of the infamous Angel introduction which featured all five band members "magically" appearing in their own cubicle box. This is the first time in 36 years; any footage has been seen of Angel's now legendary illusions. The Super 8mm film, which includes the original concert audio, was frame by frame restored and is viewable in it's native aspect ratio in 720p below.
It was recorded on May 10, 1978 during a stop on the band's White Hot tour in Fresno, California

Angel:1978 Concert Intro

So 1970's.

yesfan2000

Reaction score
Cool video Ar.

I saw them in 1979. They were opening for Ted Nugent. I don't think they did that intro. This tour, they just appeared onstage, then disappeared after their set. They had a huge white backdrop with slits in the canvas (or whatever material it was made of). They would jump through the slits, which would make it appear that they just...uh...appeared.

I have all their stuff on vinyl. I'm still looking for On Earth on cd. I dubbed my vinyl onto cd, but I'd rather have the actual cd.

I picked up that Bux lp back in the '70s. I'd read that Punky was in the band before Angel. That was a kick hearing White Lightning. I don't remember what the rest of the lp sounded like. It's still on a shelf somewhere.

dave

govango

Reaction score
Anyone who is into Angel should check out the new Eddie Trunk podcast. He interviews Punky Meadows.
iTUNES of podcastone.com

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Thanks for that Govango ! Great to hear from Punky....I really hope he does release something , it would be interesting to hear.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Well there has been talk of Frank DiMino making a solo album and now its finally happening ! :) His album titled "Old habits die hard" is due out in July.There are plenty of guests on the album.....Oz Fox [Stryper] :bow:,Ricky Medlocke [Blackfoot],Pat Thrall......even ANGEL guitarist Punky Meadows and drummer Barry Brandt are featured.
I cant wait !
A nice taster with a bit of a Deep Purple vibe to it "Rocking in the City" has been uploaded....check this out

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Of course its great news to hear of Punkys return to music. Also excellent news that ex ANGEL bassman Felix Robinson is also involved. I cant wait for this album !!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Well done Punky !!! :bow: Im still buzzing from the Frank Dimino album.....and it looks like Punky has also delivered a beauty.Great to hear his guitar playing again !

Fallen angel teaser 1

rtbuck

Reaction score
Well done Punky !!! :bow: Im still buzzing from the Frank Dimino album.....and it looks like Punky has also delivered a beauty.Great to hear his guitar playing again !

Fallen angel teaser 1

Thanks Lou! I didn't realize Domino released an album so I just ordered it from Amazon. The one thing I like about Amazon is most of the time when you buy a CD you get a free download of the album so I already received the download which I will listen to as soon as my wife leaves for work this afternoon. I also can't wait for the new Punky Meadows album.

I really thought Angel was going to be as big as Kiss back in the 70's & it still ticks me off that I missed them live in my area in 1978

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Cool Bucky...I think you will like the DIMINO album . Yes if there was one band I was allowed to see in their heyday it would have to be ANGEL.
A reformation ? I don't think it will ever happen but to see ex members still out there rockin and releasing albums is encouraging.
Frank is still doing his "covers" with his "Live" band VINYL TATTOO,of course they sneak in a few ANGEL classics in their set

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online