Angel (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Our good friend Bucky has a few times mentioned BUX the previous band ex ANGEL members Punky Meadows and Mickey Jones were with in the early 70s.
They only made 1 album.....ironically released a couple of years after its recording . After when Punky and Micky had joined ANGEL . Sadly BUX were let down by their record company.
The album is highly collectable....and even myself as a massive ANGEL fan has never seen it in the UK , never mind own it.
Now thankfully to Youtube someone has loaded a couple of tracks . Fantastic !! Buckys right. !! :cheers2..real quality 70s rock and it makes you wonder what the hell the record company were thinking as BUX sounded so promising. What could have been.....
Excellent to finally hear their version to "White Lightning"....a song ANGEL later recorded
Check them out

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not bad at all LOU definitely had some potential, but so many artists over the years are victims of politics/timing they never get a fair chance.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
It's soooo weird to hear the original; White Lightning with Punky in BUX. You can hear the southern rock in the Angel version after hearing the original. I really like where ANGEL took it though.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed Bux! I still would love to learn more on how Angel was put together. Bux was your typical whiskey drinking hard rock act with some southern flavor in the mid 70's and Punky & Mickie formed Angel which (especially their first 2 albums) was mixing hard rock Glam with an almost progressive sound. Also I must say I do like Ralph Morman's vocal style (sure he's no Frank Diminio) but I liked his voice on those first two Joe Perry Project records as well. I read he was singing for Savoy Brown last year.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Do you still have your vinyl copy of BUX's debut in the collection Master Bucky?

rtbuck

Reaction score
Yes, when I got it I bought it used from the mid range price back in the day which was $2.50. I dug it out a year or so ago & burned it on the computer so it's easy access for me for now.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I have got to bump the ANGEL thread with a haunting,mellow tune off the debut album.....so inspiring !! :bow:
Mariner

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
The song Better Days, which was taken off White Hot and replaced by The Winter Song.

I actually like this song better.

Recky

Reaction score
I dont know that much about them to be honest...the only song I can remember being on aussie t.v was on Sounds with Donnie Sutherland and the chorus had the words
"When the angels joined the choir".....must go have a hunt for them

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Members online