Angel (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: ANGEL (appreciation thread)

I have an album by a band called Bux from the early/mid 70's(I also have one from a local band called Buxx but that means nothing to this thread).Anyway... this band features Felix Robinson,Punky Meadows, & on lead vocals Ralph Mormon(of the Joe Perry Project). They do "White Lightning" on the album which is pretty cool(I also have a demo from a local Cleveland group called the Paul Pope Band & they did a song called "White Lightning" but that means nothing to this thread)

:grinthumb:cheers:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

ANGEL appreciated !!!!:bow::bow: You guys have said it all !! :cheers:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I really like the first two Angel releases. My favorite is actually the self titled
debut. I kind of lost interest in them when I heard On Earth as it is in Heaven, it seemed a bit too watered down and commercial to me at the time, but I haven't heard it since it I was a teenager. I was told all the later releases don't compare to their first two as they are not near as hard rockin' as these two are.

Any suggestions on later albums that rock like the first two ?

Oh, and I guess you all have all heard the Zappa song about his band mates obsession with a photo of Punky Meadows ( that he mistakenly took for female )
:lmao:

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

Loved this band and saw them back at the time of White Hot.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Im envious of anyone who has seen the mighty ANGEL stage show live. ANGEL never did reach the U.K...:wa: So I have to watch live clips off you-tube etc and pretend! :) Mr DAkillerwolf ... you are right ! the 1st 2 ANGEL albums are rock classics :bow: ...but so are the rest!! By the third LP " On earth as it is in heaven they adopted more of a pop-rock sound ..finally leading to the ultimate album "Sinful ". ANGEL by then were on top form with their emphasis on catchy songs/hooklines rather than Giuffrias atmospheric keyboards and Brandts superb drum rolls etc. Im not saying the style of music was better.....but it was as GOOD. :) ANGEL fans had to wait 20 years for a follow up!!.......I remember nearly feinting in a record store in SWEDEN...when i saw it... "in the beginning" does have its moments...but they show off to be more Zeppelin influences than ANGEL. Ah well..heres hoping for another cd...please NOTanother 20 years:mad:::banghead:

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

Im envious of anyone who has seen the mighty ANGEL stage show live. ANGEL never did reach the U.K...:wa: So I have to watch live clips off you-tube etc and pretend! :) Mr DAkillerwolf ... you are right ! the 1st 2 ANGEL albums are rock classics :bow: ...but so are the rest!! By the third LP " On earth as it is in heaven they adopted more of a pop-rock sound ..finally leading to the ultimate album "Sinful ". ANGEL by then were on top form with their emphasis on catchy songs/hooklines rather than Giuffrias atmospheric keyboards and Brandts superb drum rolls etc. Im not saying the style of music was better.....but it was as GOOD. :) ANGEL fans had to wait 20 years for a follow up!!.......I remember nearly feinting in a record store in SWEDEN...when i saw it... "in the beginning" does have its moments...but they show off to be more Zeppelin influences than ANGEL. Ah well..heres hoping for another cd...please NOTanother 20 years:mad:::banghead:

Great post.!!!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

i might get it right this time...:heybaby: cmon punky...lets get funky....

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Looks good to me LOU, you want me to delete your other post?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.