Amy Winehouse Dead

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just saw on the news that Back To Black is the all time best selling UK album of the 21st Century. Why they don't just say the last 11 years is beyond me.

I'd rather that award go to Amy than James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam". ;)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'd rather that award go to Amy than James Blunt's "Back to Bedlam". ;)

James Blunt? Lol. Did not even know he was British. Wouldn't be surprised if Adele's 21 takes the record eventually. Sort of surprised it hasn't already.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
James Blunt? Lol. Did not even know he was British. Wouldn't be surprised if Adele's 21 takes the record eventually. Sort of surprised it hasn't already.

That's kind of delusional. To put this in perspective, "Sgt. Pepper" is the second highest selling album in the UK's history at about 5 million copies and has had over 40 years to reach that level and you expected "21" to already sell some 3 and a half million albums in only 8 months during a day and age where more albums are illegally downloaded than bought? No chance.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
That's kind of delusional. To put this in perspective, "Sgt. Pepper" is the second highest selling album in the UK's history at about 5 million copies and has had over 40 years to reach that level and you expected "21" to already sell some 3 and a half million albums in only 8 months during a day and age where more albums are illegally downloaded than bought? No chance.

But the point is, James Blunt did it. He's practically a one hit wonder. Maybe he's like Oasis and he's all-time caliber in the UK, but in the US his album is invariable bargain bin fodder. Sure he's had half a decade but if he's only as popular in the UK as he is in the US, I reckon most of those sales would have happened in its first two years or even less. Artists like Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift are already among the highest selling acts of all-time, so I know it's far from impossible to push record amounts of product in a short amount of time.

Here in the US, 3 and a half million is relative chump change in the scheme of highest selling acts. That's only triple platinum. Nicki Minaj already has three platinum singles and she only has one album. I do apologize for not happening to be familiar with UK album sales, though.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Coming out December 5th will be Amy Winehouse's first posthumous release. It will be made up of unrelease tracks, demos, covers, and songs that were pulled from her last two albums. It'll be named "Lioness: Hidden Treasures" after her Lioness Records label, which she started in 2009. You can read more about the album here: New Amy Winehouse Album "Lioness" at SPIN.com

AmyWinehouseLioness.JPG

Track listing:
Our Day Will Come (reggae version)
Between the Cheats
Tears Dry (ballad version)
Wake Up Alone
Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
Valerie
Like Smoke (feat. Nas)
The Girl From Ipanema
Halftime
Best Friends
Body & Soul
A Song For You

If the excitement of her death has worn off with most people yet then I can bet this album will go to #1.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online