Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Alice Cooper

I think the only group that influenced Alice more than The Beatles might have been the Yardbirds. But when it comes to The Beatles I listen to songs like "I Want You (She's So Heavy)":

And just think "Yes, the instrumentation on that song without a doubt was the source of inspiration for songs like 'Killer'."

Come to think of it though, wasn't the Alice Cooper band's first venture into music as a high school Beatles mock up called the Earwigs or something? Where's Bucky, he would know. :heheh:

But anywhoozle, good on upgrading there Sooty. "Monster and Mascara" is probably the best compilation for Alice aside from the "Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper" box set. :grinthumb

(Also, yet another fun fact, I'm the one who put "How You Gonna See Me Now" up on Youtube. ;))

Yes, You're right Cosmic. They wore Beatles wigs & called themselves the Earwigs. They were on the Track Team & did Parodies of Beatles tunes singing to coincide with Track. They also had girls purposely go wild for them.

You're also right with the Yardbirds (The Stones also). Alice said once the Stones came out he switched from the Beatles to the Stones because they had more of a Bad Boy image.

Good Call on She's so Heavy!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Yes, I thought that that was what I'd heard on Behind the Music or something. I just knew that you'd know better that I would, Bucky. :D

Well when it comes to being bad boys The Stones make the Beatles look like The Carpenters. That's just all there is to it for the rebels of those days. :heheh:

Thanks. The first time I heard "She's So Heavy" was on the radio when a DJ was celebrating "Abbey Road" by playing the first side in it's entirety and when it finally got to "She's So Heavy" I thought it had wrapped up and they had moved onto someone else (since I hadn't heard all of "Abbey Road" at the time) and I just kept thinking "That riff is nasty. Right up an Alice Cooper alley.". When I heard it was still The Beatles I was quite frankly shocked. :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

He had an Iggy influence as well...alot of times I can hear a bit of Iggy in his voice. :grinthumb

But this man just keeps on rockin'!!!

Live: NMMNG

rtbuck

Reaction score

^^^Great tune MP & you were right about Iggy. I think they were both good for each other. That Detroit scene was pretty wild with Iggy, MC5, & Cooper back in the late
60's/early 70's you also had Bob Seger system, Mitch Ryder, Amboy Dukes, Brownsville Station, Frost...etc

Speaking of Coop...He finished recording Welcome to My Nightmare 2 & is looking for a Summer release of it. He also recorded the Mob Rules w/ Sebastian Bach for an upcoming Dio tribute album featuring Cooper, Bach, Dave Grohl, Lemmy, & Rob Halford

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^ I can't wait for WTMN II...looking forward to it more than you know :grinthumb

Alice Cooper is the coolest....

I'm The Coolest

alicecooperDM_468x366.jpg

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

who doesnt love Alice Cooper; the band and the dude.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

:b2:

You know...this is a GREAT Cooper ballad in the long line of GREAT Cooper ballads!! :grinthumb

Every Woman Has A Name

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Dragontown" has some really good songs on it and all of he songs have great lyrics. "Every Woman Has A Name" is like the continuation of "Take It Like A Woman" from "Brutal Planet" before it.

Alice really has been so vocal about female abuse ever since "Only Women Bleed". :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online