Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Alice Cooper

^^^"Die For You" is a great pick, Priest. I've always loved the "Hey Stoopid" album. I think it's one of Alice's best records (at least solo anyway), especially from a lyrical standpoint. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^"Die For You" is a great pick, Priest. I've always loved the "Hey Stoopid" album. I think it's one of Alice's best records (at least solo anyway), especially from a lyrical standpoint. :grinthumb

Brilliant Album, Yup!! :grinthumb :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Muscle Of Love

Original Alice Cooper band minus Dennis (bass) in 1997! Glen's last gig (far right) before he passed away.

Neal Smith drum solo too :drummin:

alice+cooper+group.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Where did you hook up with him again Harmony???

I must have missed this question but I suppose answering it over half a year later is better than never, right? :heheh:

I met Alice at one of his concerts the day before my senior year or high school. He signed my copy of "Along Came A Spider" and everything. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ Nice!!! WTG!! :cheers2

Spark In The Dark

Alice-Cooper-Trash-391795.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Really been digging Alice Cooper recently since upgrading from

This

To This
Removed dead photos

The above is a great collection and has a far better sound quality which let me feel a lot more of the music and get a better impression of his work! :grinthumb What a lot of variety in this gus work. it really surprised me to hear stuff like this:

How You Gonna See Me Now

Was Alice a big Beatles fan because these mellower tracks sound like he was influenced by them in those songs! :grinthumb

I really love the Smashing Pumpkins cover of this song but I LOVE hearing Alice's original as well! What an original sounding weird song and once again a different turn for Alice!

Clones (We're All)

:bow:

What an underrated artist! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Oh yeah Alice is a Beatles fan!! In fact he was in the Sgt. Peppers Movie...George Martin produced all the music for this and when he did Alice's track (Because) he didn't like the way Alice was singing it....cause he was "singing" it. As a producer George said "Sing it the way Alice would" and he got this...

Some really cool pics of Alice hangin' out with John Lennon too :grinthumb

5300666777_d447c0ee4b.jpg

tumblr_kxnbu2J8xJ1qa1iiqo1_500.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I think the only group that influenced Alice more than The Beatles might have been the Yardbirds. But when it comes to The Beatles I listen to songs like "I Want You (She's So Heavy)":

And just think "Yes, the instrumentation on that song without a doubt was the source of inspiration for songs like 'Killer'."

Come to think of it though, wasn't the Alice Cooper band's first venture into music as a high school Beatles mock up called the Earwigs or something? Where's Bucky, he would know. :heheh:

But anywhoozle, good on upgrading there Sooty. "Monster and Mascara" is probably the best compilation for Alice aside from the "Life and Crimes of Alice Cooper" box set. :grinthumb

(Also, yet another fun fact, I'm the one who put "How You Gonna See Me Now" up on Youtube. ;))

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.