Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^:D...I clearly remember watching him on Merv Grffin's talk show in the late 70's talking about taking up golf and giving up booze and drugs, you know other than the usual lines on his face he doesn't look that much different and is a testimonial to anyone who thinks you can't change your lifestyle for the better and enjoy life even more.

I'll check out the link you posted tomorrow when I have time Bucky.:cheers2

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Just got the Classic Rock special edition of the new album, heard the album already, quality.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I just picked up "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" yesterday and in the last 24 hours I listened to it three times. Needless to say, I adore it. I was terribly worried about it about how this album would turn out but I think it's a fantastic sequel. It payed such terrific homage to the first "Welcome To My Nightmare" as well as other albums from Alice's world like sampling "gimmes" from "I'm Hungry" off of "Along Came A Spider" (his previous album) for "Caffeine" and the music being played in hell is disco like from "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell".

As soon as the piano melody from "Steven" started playing at the open of the album I got super excited....then Alice's autotuned vocals came in and I was admittedly bummed out. After letting it soak in though I warmed up to it as an effect that Alice was taking advantage of.

Also I laughed quite a bit at the twist at the end of "I Gotta Get Outta Here". A great way to bring this to a close. :grinthumb

rtbuck

Reaction score
I just picked up "Welcome 2 My Nightmare" yesterday and in the last 24 hours I listened to it three times. Needless to say, I adore it. I was terribly worried about it about how this album would turn out but I think it's a fantastic sequel. It payed such terrific homage to the first "Welcome To My Nightmare" as well as other albums from Alice's world like sampling "gimmes" from "I'm Hungry" off of "Along Came A Spider" (his previous album) for "Caffeine" and the music being played in hell is disco like from "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell".

As soon as the piano melody from "Steven" started playing at the open of the album I got super excited....then Alice's autotuned vocals came in and I was admittedly bummed out. After letting it soak in though I warmed up to it as an effect that Alice was taking advantage of.

Also I laughed quite a bit at the twist at the end of "I Gotta Get Outta Here". A great way to bring this to a close. :grinthumb

Hey Cosmic what version did you get?? Best Buy had bonus tracks as did ITunes. The bonus tracks are all great "Under the Bed" is fantastic & fits in perfect with the album. "Bad Situation" may have been lying around for a bit but it's on the lines of kind of "A Runaway Train", & "We've Gotta Get out of this Place" is a quick & cool upbeat cover.

Hey Powerage, I'm waiting for the Classic Rock Pack here in the States! How is the magazine?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The Best Buy edition is the one that I got. It has "Under The Bed" and live versions of "Poison", "No More Mr. Nice Guy", and "The Black Widow" from his headlining spot at Download.

I really wonder why "Under The Bed" was left as a bonus track. I don't know if it had been written before they worked out the story, if it was replaced by a different song in the standard track listing, or if Alice just didn't think it fit. Makes you wonder.... :think:

rtbuck

Reaction score
It would have fit in near the beginning the way the lyrics seem. Definitely should not be a bonus track. I know there is another song called flatline but I think it's only on the vinyl version

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The beginning is where is should have been, yes, but at the same time I have a hard time seeing which song it would fit between. It just doesn't seem to fit if you ask me....I'm thinking that's why it was left as a bonus track.

rtbuck

Reaction score
The beginning is where is should have been, yes, but at the same time I have a hard time seeing which song it would fit between. It just doesn't seem to fit if you ask me....I'm thinking that's why it was left as a bonus track.

To keep me happy I created a playlist on my ipod of the new album & put that in between the first 2 songs, "A Bad Situation" after "A Runaway Train" , "We've Gotta Get Out of This Place" before the last song.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I received my fanpack from the UK today: The new CD, Magazine, School's Out pin, Cardboard Mask, Alice Facepaint kit, & 2 posters (not pictured)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.