Alice Cooper (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Alice Cooper ~ March 2010 Band of the Month

New Theatre Of Death DVD

The godfather of shock-rock Alice Cooper completed his 2009 Theatre of Death World Tour by filming the final show at London's legendary Hammersmith Apollo. The concert features many of Cooper's massive hits including School's Out, I'm Eighteen and Poison, "Alice Cooper's Theatre Of Death" is a very different show than anyone has ever seen before. Always expect the unexpected from the unpredictable Alice Cooper... Fans of the ultimate Rock 'n' Roll showman won't be disappointed as Alice is subjected to guillotines, gallows and more on his way to being "killed" four times!

"Theatre Of Death" pre-order info will be announced soon!

rtbuck

Reaction score

Alice Cooper & his original band (featuring: Alice on vocals, Michael Bruce on guitar, Dennis Dunnaway on Bass, Neal Smith on drums, & filling in for the deceased Glen Buxton on guitar was Steve Hunter (who was Alice's regular guitarist along with Dick Wagner during most of the 70's after the original band went off in different directions)) reunited this past Friday at Alice's Annual Christmas Pudding Show in Phoenix. From what I have read in a few reviews was that the show was awesome & besides Alice's short but Sweet Set also listed on the Bill were Don Felder, Cheech Marin, Roger Clyne, Glen Campbell, Nils Lofgren & Night Ranger. Bob Ezrin introduced Alice & the band who sounded great as they rocked there way through "No More Mr. Nice Guy", "I'm 18", "Under My Wheels", "Billion Dollar Babies", "Be My Lover", "Train Kept a Rollin'", & "School's Out".

rtbuck

Reaction score

Alice Cooper, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee, Was 'Elated' When He Got the News
'I was so happy that it was the nomination was for the original band,' says Cooper

By Andy Greene (Rolling Stone Magazine Rolling Stone | Music News, Reviews, Photos, Videos, Interviews and More)
December 14, 2010 8:00 AM EDT

Long before Marilyn Manson, Ziggy Stardust and KISS, Alice Cooper invented theatrical rock. The original Alice Cooper band (consisting of Glen Buxton, Michael Bruce, Dennis Dunaway and Neal Smith) scored enormous hits with "School's Out," "I'm Eighteen" and "No More Mr. Nice Guy" before they broke up in 1976. Lead singer Cooper (born Vincent Furnier) has carried on the group's name for the past the 35 years.

Tell me your first reaction to the news.
I was elated and I called the original band guys immediately, and said, 'Well, remember when we started in high school?' [Laughs] 'Here we are. Only took 45 years.'

What does this mean to you?
The big difference between the Hall of Fame and anything else is that you are voted in by your peers and the people that influenced you. I look at the list of people that are in there it's all of my heroes from, Pete Townshend to the Yardbirds to the Beatles to the Stones and everybody that we listened to in order to become Alice Cooper. It's pretty amazing to us that those are the same people that actually vote on you. So that's quite a privilege.

You called yourself the 'Pete Rose of the Rock Hall' for years.
My first instinct was to say, 'Maybe I'll have Pete Rose accept for me. In my makeup.' It's an odd thing. For a while, I think that people didn't take us seriously, musically. For years I was like, 'Well, you know, jeez, we had two Number One albums and 14 Top 40 hits and, like, 15 gold albums. I don't know what it takes for them to take us seriously.' I think there was a misconception of Alice Cooper that we were much more concerned with the music than the theatrics.

A lot of people probably don't even realize that Alice Cooper was a band and not just a person.
Yeah, yeah. And I was so happy that it was the nomination for the original band. It's too bad that Glen [Buxton] passed away, because he was our Keith Richards. He lived that life and just lived it 'til it killed him, which was too bad. We all did go to the same high school together, and we were all on the track team, and it was pretty cool that guys that knew each other before the band ended up going that far.

Are you guys going to perform?
Yeah, in fact, we've done a couple things together in recent years. The band broke up in 1976. I wanted to take it more theatrically and I can understand why, I think, the band got exhausted. It was never one of those bitter break-ups. It was a break-up that was, 'I have different ideas, you have different ideas, but lets still be friends.' But we've done different charity things together recently where we've done 40 minutes of the hits.

Do you think you'll wear a tuxedo?
I don't think Alice would wear a tux unless it was a mirrored one. And we're trying to figure out, if we do 'Schools Out' do we send balloons full of confetti into the audience? I think so. I doubt if there'll be a snake there though.

Are you thinking of playing in more shows with the original band in the near future?
I think it is inevitable. We have kind of been looking for an excuse to do that anyway. Why not do 4 or 5 major cities, Detroit especially since that's where we broke out of. Los Angeles, New York, London, Toronto. Those were like the five cities where we got our biggest push. We might do that in the spring.

I've read that you're cutting a new album with Bob Ezrin.
Yeah. It's like the Beatles doing another album with George Martin. We are doing Welcome To Me Nightmare Part II. We decided, why not give Alice another nightmare? All of the songs are written at this point. I can't see it coming out until spring of next year.

You have pretty ambitions plans for next year then.
Yeah! Oh my gosh, next year is gonna be unbelievable. I do six months on the road anyways. I've got a feeling this is gonna be more like 12 months.

I've read that you're a Republican. Is that accurate?
I am extremely non-political. I go out of my way to be non-political. I'm probably the biggest moderate you know. When John Lennon and Harry Nilsson used to argue politics, I was sitting right in the middle of them, and I was the guy who was going 'I don't care.' When my parents would start talking politics, I would go in my room and put on The Rolling Stones or The Who on as long as I could to avoid politics. And I still feel that way.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Alice Cooper

Lace & Whisky

lace-whiskey-55.jpg

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Alice Cooper

album-trash.jpg