• Just Push Play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honkin' On Bobo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Aerosmith s/t

I think that ****ing rap bull shit sodomization of Walk this Way killed Toys in the Attic as a choice for me. Though I love Toys in the Attic; it's probably the best one. But, I love the bluesy roots of the first album.

And how anyone could pick an album after, and including, Permanent Vacation, is a poser Aerosmith fan. That shit is NOT Aerosmith. I ****ing LOATH all that manufactured Aeropop.

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Aerosmith s/t

I think that ****ing rap bull shit sodomization of Walk this Way killed Toys in the Attic as a choice for me. Though I love Toys in the Attic; it's probably the best one. But, I love the bluesy roots of the first album.

And how anyone could pick an album after, and including, Permanent Vacation, is a poser Aerosmith fan. That shit is NOT Aerosmith. I ****ing LOATH all that manufactured Aeropop.

Aerosmith is a band that should be respected for being able to go through an evolution and not getting stuck in one rut musically. You can't be a poser fan. You can't fake "like" or "preference" and everything from the beginning on is "Aerosmith" and what they chose to do musically.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I was listening to Nine Lives today and there is alot of classic Aerosmith on it. Lot's of Aero-Pop on the early stuff too so I think it all evens out in the end.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
As much as it deviates from Aerosmith's usual stuff, I really like "Janie's Got A Gun" and class it among my favourite Aerosmith stuff, along side the bluesier stuff of the first album and, of course, the usual classics.

It's different, and people are entitled to their opinions of it without a doubt, but there are some great tunes there IMHO :grinthumb

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
Aerosmith is a band that should be respected for being able to go through an evolution and not getting stuck in one rut musically. You can't be a poser fan. You can't fake "like" or "preference" and everything from the beginning on is "Aerosmith" and what they chose to do musically.

Well, you can fake to like anything...The worlds is full of BS'ers. But anyway the majority of original Aerosmith fans, the fans that made them famous, the fans that loved them from the start, know that there is the Rock band Aerosmith, and the sell out band, Aeropop. I'm sincerely embarrassed for that band when I see/hear them sing the garbage that came with Permanent Vacation and beyond. Even Tom Hamilton, bassist for the band, bitched about songs like Angel. But he knows who butters his bread, so...

And one of the most tragic things about Aeropop, is Joe Perrey, the "riff meister"...He seems to have completely lost the ability to come up with a cool riff--and THAT just killed the band. I'll never get how he can't come up with cool riffs anymore. I do know that Aeropo does NOT rock. Aerosmith was a blues based hard rock band. Aeropop, is pop rock.

But, I guess Aerosmith/Aeropop did what they had to do. Apparently they were broke, so to regain their wealth, they sold out. And hell, I can't blame them. They regain their wealth and they get to bang all the hot MILF's. Because all the rocker MILF's I know dig Aerosmith, but not so many guys...

There are two distinctly different bands. Aerosmith, and Aeropop. That's my opinion, and I was an Aerosmith fan from the beginning more or less, and in the 70's, they ****ing ROCKED!

To each their own I guess. I think Aerosmith/POP from the early 80's on are sacrilegiously lame.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Well, you can fake to like anything...The worlds is full of BS'ers. But anyway the majority of original Aerosmith fans, the fans that made them famous, the fans that loved them from the start, know that there is the Rock band Aerosmith, and the sell out band, Aeropop. I'm sincerely embarrassed for that band when I see/hear them sing the garbage that came with Permanent Vacation and beyond. Even Tom Hamilton, bassist for the band, bitched about songs like Angel. But he knows who butters his bread, so...

And one of the most tragic things about Aeropop, is Joe Perrey, the "riff meister"...He seems to have completely lost the ability to come up with a cool riff--and THAT just killed the band. I'll never get how he can't come up with cool riffs anymore. I do know that Aeropo does NOT rock. Aerosmith was a blues based hard rock band. Aeropop, is pop rock.

But, I guess Aerosmith/Aeropop did what they had to do. Apparently they were broke, so to regain their wealth, they sold out. And hell, I can't blame them. They regain their wealth and they get to bang all the hot MILF's. Because all the rocker MILF's I know dig Aerosmith, but not so many guys...

There are two distinctly different bands. Aerosmith, and Aeropop. That's my opinion, and I was an Aerosmith fan from the beginning more or less, and in the 70's, they ****ing ROCKED!

To each their own I guess. I think Aerosmith/POP from the early 80's on are sacrilegiously lame.

I can respect that Tomcat and appreciate your reasoning. I didn't have the option of being there when they first came out but don't get me wrong, upon becoming a fan I went backwards through their catalog. After "Pump" which made me a fan I bought "Permanent Vacation", "Toys In The Attic" and the s/t debut. I found tracks I appreciated on all of them but it wasn't my era of preference. I think Nine Lives is their most varied and experimental album and I appreciated the creative effort of a band to create varies sounds dabbling in various genres across the board on a single album. I can appreciate the bluesier stuff but I honestly like how they adapted and could do hard rock, pop, countryish tunes, Indian influenced tracks snd great power ballads. They did return to their blues style with the whole "Honkin' On Bobo" c.d. as well. I sincerely like my generations era of the band and that's something I can't fake as you aren't faking your perspective. I can't pretend that I wore out my Pump cassette playing What It Takes over and over again or that I recorded all the videos for the Get A Grip 3 song odyssey and watched over and over again a rock band show the younger bands at the time they could still rock. We'll have to agree to disagree Tomcat as is what happens on a forum where people are passionate about their likes and dislikes! :cheers2

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
Well, I do that to. I'm trying to think of a band I got into after they really made it big...Hell. I can't think of anyone now. But I know I've come on board late with bands, and I'd hear the long time fans bitch about the new guy sucks this or that. And I'd say they were nuts. It's natural to resist change, for me anyway. And, I will admit, since Magic did the Aerosmith thread, I caught myself "kind of" liking some of the newer stuff, Pink comes to mind. It's still nothing like old Aerosmith.

And I still can't think of a guitar riff from the new Aerosmith/pop. The real Aerosmith was catchy riff after catchy riff. That was a huge appeal to me. That's the biggest problem I have with them now. Tyler's voice still sounds great, but the band sounds neutered. It's totally bland. It doesn't rock, and it's totally soulless musically. I supposed if I listened to all the albums, I'd likes some of the tunes. But, I don't waste my time because what I do hear of the 80s onward stuff is completely mediocre.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Hey I also grew up on Aerosmith and was a kid who had the Live Bootleg poster on the back of my bedroom door! :grinthumb

I like the earlier stuff better myself but do own the whole catalog and the song Nine Lives rocks...could have easily been on any early album back then.

What I think it comes down to is not so much a change in music but in production.

Rag Doll could have came off Toys In The Attic easy...just picture it with 1975 TITA production. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having heard Nine Lives now, that is my new favourite.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online

No members online now.