Aerosmith (Official Thread)

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Pump isn't a bad cd.

There's obligatory MTV pap, Love In An Elevator & What It Takes, and throwaways My Girl, and Don't Get Mad, Get Even

With Janie's Got A Gun, they had a bona fide hit without losing their Aerosmith edge.

What It Takes and The Other Side are kinda 50/50 with me. They got some airplay. However, if not for the horns and accordians giving the cuts some flavor, I probably wouldn't listen to them much.

Young Lust , F.I.N.E., Monkey On My Back, Hoodoo Voodoo Medicine Man(my personal favorite) are all straight up Aerosmith @ss kickers, and would fit well on anything from their debut all the way up to Night In The Ruts

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here but the Pump/Get A Grip era Aerosmith is actually my favorite Aerosmith. I see that as where their albums started to expand and it's the Aerosmith that I grew up with so if the new album is like "Pump" then I'll be happy. :)

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I know I'm in the minority here but the Pump/Get A Grip era Aerosmith is actually my favorite Aerosmith. I see that as where their albums started to expand and it's the Aerosmith that I grew up with so if the new album is like "Pump" then I'll be happy. :)

Don't get your hopes up to high...I never said it was as good as Pump...it's just more like that album then their 70's stuff.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

Finally, someone who agrees with me on that!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up to high...I never said it was as good as Pump...it's just more like that album then their 70's stuff.

Well either way I'm sure I'll still enjoy at least some of the tracks on it when I listen to it in about a week. :flirt

We're not the only ones, Jen. Sooty is on our side too. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Despite the fact I love their 70s material Nine Lives still stands out for me in terms of overall favourite. Can't put my finger on why I love that album so much but I enjoy it start to finish.
I know the new album will have plenty of ballads on there but to be honest I enjoy Aerosmith ballads, it doesn't get on my nerves like so many other bands who cram them in the album.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score

^^ This is not unsual. When someone discovers something fresh (to that person) they really love, I believe that creates general tendency to think of that music as the high water mark for the band.

I'm that way with Iron Maiden. I didn't discover them until after Dickinson had already joined. So that was my measuring stick. The 'real' Maiden, if you will.

Can't put my finger on why I love that album so much but I enjoy it start to finish.

^^ Yea, but isn't that half the fun? loving something but not knowing why?

Not to sound corny or hokie, but I believe when this happens, it's because the music strikes a primal chord you can't control. Your inner self is stronger than you're cerebral self.

Your inner self says, "Hey, this great! I love it!"

Your cerebral self says,"Why?"

Inner self says, "Don't try and figure out why. Just enjoy the ride"

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Despite the fact I love their 70s material Nine Lives still stands out for me in terms of overall favourite. Can't put my finger on why I love that album so much but I enjoy it start to finish.
I know the new album will have plenty of ballads on there but to be honest I enjoy Aerosmith ballads, it doesn't get on my nerves like so many other bands who cram them in the album.

I'm with you there! For me it's tied with Pump but Nine Lives is there most diversified offering IMO. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Yea, but isn't that half the fun? loving something but not knowing why?

Not to sound corny or hokie, but I believe when this happens, it's because the music strikes a primal chord you can't control. Your inner self is stronger than you're cerebral self.

Your inner self says, "Hey, this great! I love it!"

Your cerebral self says,"Why?"

Inner self says, "Don't try and figure out why. Just enjoy the ride"
Sometimes its fun to not know why but other times I like to pick out the specific areas of why I like an album.
I'm with you there! For me it's tied with Pump but Nine Lives is there most diversified offering IMO. :)
Spot on really, I like the fact it is their more diverse work, many people favour the 70s material but while I like all their work, Nine Lives being a bit more out there is something I embrace. :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cucukakek89apk

Members online

No members online now.