Aerosmith: A Band Members Journey

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just finally picked up on c.d. what was my favorite Aerosmith album growing up.

Pump
aerosmith-10.jpg

I used to play the **** out of this on cassette but when it came to my c.d. collection it was easier to get most of the songs on all the Greatest Hits packages that were out at the time. What It Takes is my favorite Aerosmith song period and that was on Big Ones!!!! I found this c.d. the other day at Wal-Mart ffor 7 bucks and I said "What the Hell?" :D I had forgotten how much I loved every single track on this album!!!! It's so nostalgic now. Even though I think "Nine Lives" is high quality and their most creative, diverse album ever this one is my nostalgic sentimental fav! :grinthumb

These are all intense rockin' high energy Aerosmith songs!!!!!
Young Lust

F.I.N.E.

Hoodoo Voodoo medicine Man

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Building yet more of my Aerosmith collection

aerosmith_-_toys_in_th_attic.jpg

I'm two albums (Aerosmith S/T, Permanent Vacation) from matching up to my old cassette collection of Aerosmith! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So one of my latest projects has been rounding out my Aerosmith c.d. collection! Here's where I'm at right now! :grinthumb

145277;encoding=jpg;size=300;fallback=defaultImage
20b017b6b5fdb809fe618814327f0bbe.jpg
131612_Aerosmith%20Big%20Ones.jpg
MUDD595.jpg51xFs5iPwDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Aerosmith_Pump_606949309725.jpg

461_aerosmith_get_a_grip.jpg
album1262.jpg
51tNrMckc7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Aerosmith_-_A_Little_South_Of_Sanity.jpgAerosmith+-+Rockin%27+the+Joint+%5B2005%5D.jpg
17797_aerosmith_i_dont_want_to_miss_a_thing.jpg

My latest buys are Pump, Toys In The Attic, Get A Grip and Done With mirrors! Done With Mirrors is the first time I've owned (c.d. or cassette) or even listened to Done With Mirrors and I like this track a lot!

Darkness

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ Looks like it's movin' along there Soot...you need about 5-6 more old titles...:grinthumb

One of the better songs off of Get A Grip

Shut Up And Dance

Aerosmith_1993.jpg

Fever

Reaction score
Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood from the Academy of Country Music Awards show

Damn Carrie is so hot

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
She sure was, but Dayum........I loved Tylers outfit and when he pulled his hair back and sang "a kiss like this", I fell over <sigh>

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just updating..........

Steven Tyler has been fairly busy the past 2 years with other projects, but he has managed to release 2 solo singles:

from 2010: "Love Lives"

from 2011: "(It) Feels So Good"

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Re: Aerosmith September 2010 Band of the Month

That isn't entirely true, LG. Perry use to have his hissy fits and walk away from the band........He did so in a big way back in 1979, when the band was at it's peak, and he started the Joe Perry Project. (this is my next big entry in this thread, btw) Not to mention, Joe was one of the last members to come clean off the drugs and booze.........

First of all, great thread!

But I'm sorry, I just can't agree with this. Maybe it's the way you word it but there is a big difference between the two fellas IMO.

Ok, Perry is somewhat of a tortured artist at times, but the difference between Perry and Tyler is that Tyler derailed gigs and tours by being so out of it he couldn't physically get himself on stage, let alone stand up and actually deliver any kind of performance.

At least when Perry threw the hissy fit in 1979, he walked away. That was it. Finished. That is the best way to do. I am a HUGE Aerosmith fan, love both eras [Columbia & Geffen] and will defend the band and it's members all day, but to compare Perry's behaviour to Tyler's isn't right IMO.

Now we're in a situation where Perry wants to go out, make the album, finish it and tour it, but Steven's had his head turned about the chance of giving up life on the road and becoming a television star.

Not to mention Tyler's recent activities in the last 2 years, including: addiction to pain killers, falling off the ramp and damaging his shoulder, falling over in the shower and losing teeth, signing up for consecutive series of American Idol and derailing tours and the making of the new album.

If any one member of that band has ever held the band up, it's Steven Tyler. But as he is the only man for the job, the others just have to put up with it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My original post was in reference to events that were made public from early Aerosmith years, not the current status of Perry and Tyler. This early toxicity is what earned Tyler and Perry the title of "Toxic Twins". Each one was just as toxic as the other...........

All the band members had drug/alcohol addictions which were affecting their tours in the 1970's. They also had a lot of fighting amongst themselves, too, which derailed not only their creativity, but shows.

I have no doubt that Steven Tyler is now the biggest problem with Aerosmith moving forward and putting out that one last album and a tour to promote the album.

Personally, I dont think Tyler is able to tour again.......Did anyone watch his interview with Oprah on her show "Oprah's Next Chapter"? Seriously, Tyler has major trouble walking, and his feet are a mess (he took his shoes off and showed his feet). Oprah didn't ask him about another album, I guess that subject was a taboo question.

Although, I dont see any reason why Aerosmith can't get together, and make one last album............Tyler is still able to sing and still has a creative spark.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.