Acoustic songs of the 70's

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Black Sabbath- "Laguna Sunrise".An unusually pretty tune from the very same band that brought us "Paranoid" and "War Pigs".Hell of a range,wouldn't you say?

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
Here's an acoustic song by the Eagles from this decade, albeit probably not one of the better known ones. I think Bernie Leadon plays a solo on the acoustic guitar here too.

Bitter Creek - Eagles

There's also this superb acoustic Neil Young song - one of my favourites by him from After The Gold Rush:

Tell Me Why - Neil Young

I tend to quite fussy about what constitutes an acoustic song, to me it has to feature acoustic instruments only - definitely no synthesisers or electric keyboards, and probably not electric guitar either (If I'm making an 'acoustic' playlist I can just about include songs featuring mellow electric guitar). So for instance, an Eagles song like Take It Easy is not truly an acoustic song to me as it features an electric guitar solo played on a Fender Telecaster, whereas Bitter Creek is pure acoustic.

Of course, my definition of acoustic can also include acoustic piano - Fleetwood Mac's Songbird being the standout example to me.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
So Far Away~Carole King

My mom had Tapestry, and I got it (vinyl) before my sister got her greedy little hands on it. :mad

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Thanks Black Dahlia! It's in mint condition too. :D

I Feel The Earth Move~Carole King

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy