Ace Frehley VS KISS

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
He is an alcoholic and a drug user who blames everyone else for his problems but himself.

This might be true...but is it's Ace's fault, that Gene turned Kiss from a kick ass rock band into a kiddie band and a total joke.

Gene Simmons ruined Kiss. Kiss died in 1977-78....and maybe a little before that.

Tommy Thayer is Gene Simmons' robot. He'd does what ever Gene tells him to.

As a guitarist Tommy Thayer isn't anything special...

Ace Frehley (helped) put Kiss on the map.

Ace Frehley is waaaaay better than Tommy Thayer...on his worst day, drunk or stoned out of his mind.

Ps, 70s Guy....don't get mad at me, just my opinion, others have said worse things about Kiss, millions of times. :heheh:

I'm a Classic Kiss fan. :)

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Although KISS seems to be about the merchandising as much, if not more so than about the music these days, I'm sure Ace still cashes his royalty checks when they come in the mail.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Although KISS seems to be about the merchandising as much, if not more so than about the music these days, I'm sure Ace still cashes his royalty checks when they come in the mail.

And rightfully so. He played on the albums.

I don't hate Gene Simmons. It's just his puts his love of money over the music. As a fan - that can tick a lot of fans off - and it did - the music suffered, imo.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Wasn't aware Thayer was a former manager...
He was Frehley's guitar tech once the reunion came about in '96 or so. Word has it that Thayer even had to kinda reteach Ace how to play some of the old KISS licks. I've never heard of him referred to as a 'manager' though.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ps, 70s Guy....don't get made at me, just my opinion, others have said worse things about Kiss, millions of times. :heheh:

I'm a Classic Kiss fan. :)

Not mad at all,everyone has the right to their opinion. :cheers2

Now your big Skynyrd sig? That makes me mad!!! :omg::oyea:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
You're quite right Groovy Man, Ace made a major contribution to the early KISS sound. What I meant was on the one hand he's bitching about how KISS is all about the money, yet he's cashing his checks from the sale of the very merchandise he's knocking.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online