AC/DC (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: The Official AC/DC Thread

Lets face it Brother Sox....DC dont do BAD albums!!! so yet again the music press got it horribly wrong...[ is it just the british press that are so critical??]. You know what your buying when you purchase an AC/DC Album.................for those about to ROCK. I love Bon Scott and Brian Johnson:bow:both have contributed to some classic AC/DC songs. Iwas into Brians old band GEORDIE [hehe even before Deep purple lol:heheh:] in the old glam era in the early 70s..... Heres another thought....how long is Angus gonna wear his school boy attire? hes gettin on a bit now..........

You are bang on the button there Lou I don't think they have ever done a dud album and yes mate the British press seem to delight in the "put down".

Geordie did a fab track called "Ain't It Just Like A Woman" I had the single off a juke box as a kid. Top band Lou. :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

AC/DC still rock and do not make bad albums (thanks LOU/REALM and Sox) I will always have a place in my collection for every AC/DC album. The press can say what they like about the band, millions of fans and sell out tours can't be wrong. Have they actually been to a concert!!!

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

AC/DC's 'Let There Be Rock' Concert Movie To Receive DVD Release - Mar. 25, 2010
"Let There Be Rock", the AC/DC concert documentary that was filmed December 1979 at the Pavillion De Paris, will receive its long-awaited DVD release in January 2011. Eddie Trunk, the co-host of the VH1 Classic television program "That Metal Show", was interviewed about the band's impact for one of the DVD's bonus features. He writes on his blog, "[The company which is releasing the DVD is] doing some cleanups to the audio and video and making it as high-def as the source will allow." He adds, "I can tell you I have an advance and it looks and sounds great, but they are making it even better!"

According to the All Music Guide, "Let There Be Rock" was released in France a year after it was filmed, though American release was delayed until well after the band had established themselves in the States with new vocalist Brian Johnson and the multi-platinum success of the "Back In Black" album.

In his review of the original "Let There Be Rock" film, Fred Beldin of the All Music Guide writes, "Director Eric Dionysis captures the excitement of the live show with an energetic style and effective close-up shots, though the staged interviews and sub-'The Song Remains The Same' fantasy sequences show the band to be bemused but not convinced by these attempts to add some arty depth to the proceedings. The highlight of the extracurricular segments is Bon Scott, radiating warmth and humility in these last interviews before his untimely death at age 33 from alcohol poisoning."

acdcletthere.jpg

angry_man

Reaction score

Hi guys
No action since March, so this thread may be dead but I'll post anyway. I've for Just found the forum and thought I'd put my bit in for AC/DC.

I discovered the band at Butlins in Minehead in '76. I'd love to say they were playing there but alas no, I was 15 and there (begrudgingly) with my family and one evening I chanced upon a Welsh radio station that was playing the High Voltage album and I was hooked. From what I remeber they played the whole album! I bought it on my return home and I was hooked. It's still in my top 20 albums of all time (possibly because of a bit of nostalgia).

Fast forward 30 or so years and my 14 year old son is an Angus disciple and I can honestly say that it wasn't any influence from me. He has an SG and has just started playing in a band!!

My love of AC/DC has gone up and down over the years but they are STILL one hell of a Rock 'n' Roll band. And even though other albums like Back In Black may have sold more, High Voltage is still my fav (the international version that is!!). I couldn't believe it when I bought the CD a few years ago, where was the cartoon of Bon? They'd changed the cover!!

Anyway, I may be nearly 50 but 'I'm gonna be a Rock 'n' Roll Singer, gonna be a Rock 'n' Roll star!'

See you on other threads.

Steve

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Out of all of AC/DC's work, my favorite song by them is still "Two's Up" from Blow Up Your Video.

I like Brian's voice slightly better, though either singer is fine by me.

CREAM'd

Reaction score

ACDC were massive when i was a teenager,my big bro used to listen to them a lot,practically everybody i knew either listened to them or had a bro or sis that did,but i never really took to them,a few months ago i bought For Those About To Rock,Let There Be Rock,Back In Black,Highway To Hell,Powerage and ACDC Live,thank god i did or else i could have missed out on one of the greatest rock bands theres ever been.I'd say my favourite would be Back In Black or Let There Be Rock.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I don't remember if I posted on this thread yet, but yes, I love this band. I started buying AC/DC albums around 2005 or 2006. My daughter kinda got me into them. I like the Brian Johnson era more than the Bon Scott era (I apologize for that :cheers2). I dig me some Bon Scott but I really love the albums: "For Those About To Rock","Back In Black","Flick Of The Switch","Ballbreaker," and "Stiff Upper Lip." Good old fashioned, honest, guitar driven, kickass, ROCK & ROLL! Angus and Malcolm are rock-guitar ANIMALS!!!

:geetar::geetar:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Aussie pride!

These guys rock. I don't care how many times they've written the same song, at least it's a good song ;)

Plenty of rock snobs knock Acca Dacca but I love 'em because they don't take themselves seriously and I like their songs even if there is a slight similarity between them :tongue:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Plenty of rock snobs knock Acca Dacca but I love 'em because they don't take themselves seriously and I like their songs even if there is a slight similarity between them :tongue:

Hell, not only are the songs similar but I know AC/DC has TWO songs titled "Touch Too Much" in their catalog. Nope, one of them isn't a demo or original version either. Both have completely different music and lyrics :D

(One is from Highway to Hell, the other in the Bonfire box set)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online