AC/DC (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Official AC/DC Thread

AC/DC used to be my favorite band for a while (when I first started getting into classic rock). Back In Black remains my favorite album they recorded though. I often wonder what direction they would've taken had Bon not died...

certainly a good question... I honestly think they would have crashed an burned with a lot of the 70s groups... but who knows...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I don't think it would have made a huge difference, Angus and the rest of the band stayed together, and Bon was a good vocalist. I think AC/DC still goes on to become a mega-band and records some massive albums like Back in Black. We'll never know though.

Highway to Hell is my pick of the litter...such a great band so sad Bon died so young and so stupidly.:(

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Highway to Hell is my pick of the litter...such a great band so sad Bon died so young and so stupidly.:(

My fave too and I have to agree. Bon Scott was and still is a better singer than Brian Johnson if you ask me. Not to say that Brian is bad but I feel like Bon's voice just has so much more personality to it.

Reaction score

My fave too and I have to agree. Bon Scott was and still is a better singer than Brian Johnson if you ask me. Not to say that Brian is bad but I feel like Bon's voice just has so much more personality to it.

I like Brian, but definitely agree Scott is a better singer, he is much more versatile and like you said has more personality in his voice because of that:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Bon is a lot more unique too. There are other singers that sound like Brian (Tom Keifer of Cinderella leaps to mind) but there isn't anyone I've ever heard that sounds like Bon Scott. I love the distinctive twang to his voice and his vocal slurs.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I remember this getting a bit of a panning from the critics when it came out but I got to say I have grown quite fond of it.:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Lets face it Brother Sox....DC dont do BAD albums!!! so yet again the music press got it horribly wrong...[ is it just the british press that are so critical??]. You know what your buying when you purchase an AC/DC Album.................for those about to ROCK. I love Bon Scott and Brian Johnson:bow:both have contributed to some classic AC/DC songs. Iwas into Brians old band GEORDIE [hehe even before Deep purple lol:heheh:] in the old glam era in the early 70s..... Heres another thought....how long is Angus gonna wear his school boy attire? hes gettin on a bit now..........

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Heres another thought....how long is Angus gonna wear his school boy attire? hes gettin on a bit now..........

Angus is the eternal school boy and that'll never change. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets buried in that school boy uniform. :heheh:

Reaction score

:heheh:

I'd say Angus has earned the right to play naked if he really wants too, it's definitely better wearing the school boy uniform, but whatever he choses to do I approve:tongue:
... I certainly wouldn't be looking at the naked man prancing about the stage, but he is Angus Young....

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

:heheh: you guys are right! He could come on stage like the toxic avenger with a pink tutu and some yellow wellies:D The mans a :bow:legend he STILL ROCKS!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online