AC/DC (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official AC/DC Thread

Hi guys
No action since March, so this thread may be dead but I'll post anyway. I've for Just found the forum and thought I'd put my bit in for AC/DC.

See you on other threads.

Steve

Happens to some threads AM, especially seeing Motley has left the building months ago, and I usually don't take over another persons thread myself seeing I have more than enough other things to keep track of.

We depend on people, new arrivals and old stalwarts, to bump old threads, don't hesitate if you see one you want to revive, all the old moldering threads were removed a long time ago, and only the decent ones were left.

Back on topic, I will always like Bon Scott era ACDC more, I grew up with him and I don't hate Brian but he is just a notch below the original frontman for my money.:rock:

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score

Sorry but Brian's voice annoys me and AC/DC is my favorite hard rock band.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

We depend on people, new arrivals and old stalwarts, to bump old threads, don't hesitate if you see one you want to revive, all the old moldering threads were removed a long time ago, and only the decent ones were left.

And that is one of the best parts about rolling into a new forum is bumping those old threads and seeing what has already been posted and hopefully leaving a new reply that will create more responses.

Vic2010

Reaction score

This is the first AC/DC album I bought:

Blowupyourvideo.jpg

I think I might've had one too many beers that day and just walked into a record store and found a used copy of this. Didn't really like it but it's got a few kickass rockers. It's still one of my least favorite Acca Dacca albums but I love the album cover. I would've titled it "Blow It Out Your ***" :tongue:

A couple years ago when Wal-Mart was selling the entire remaster discography I took advantage of it and bought a bunch of Bon Scott albums. I'm not sure I have a "favorite album" from that era but there are some GREAT songs on all those albums. "Let There Be Rock" (the song) is just so full of piss and vinegar.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that's fine. Mine is, Brian did a fantastic job taking over from Bon. I don't think anyone begrudged him the task. A little known fact is that Bon recommended Brian's talent to the lads after seeing him in the early 70's with Geordie. Bon was blown away with Brian's performance but didn't know that the Geordie front man was rushed off to hospital with appendicitis that same night. Brian is a great lead man IMO.

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

^^ Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that's fine. Mine is, Brian did a fantastic job taking over from Bon. I don't think anyone begrudged him the task. A little known fact is that Bon recommended Brian's talent to the lads after seeing him in the early 70's with Geordie. Bon was blown away with Brian's performance but didn't know that the Geordie front man was rushed off to hospital with appendicitis that same night. Brian is a great lead man IMO.

Well said - I totally agree. Whilst I do prefer Bon's voice, I still love Brian's and don't think anybody could have done a better job stepping into Bon's shoes.

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wanna feel old? "Back In Black" is 30 years old today!!

classicrockmagazine.com

Back In Black – It’s 30 Years Old Today!
mdome / News / 24/07/2010 09:04am

On July 25, 1980, AC/DC released the Back In Black album. To celebrate its 30th birthday, here are 10 facts you might not be aware of.

1. This is the biggest selling album by any Australian artist.
2. It is the second biggest selling original album of all time. Only Thriller, by Michael Jackson tops it.
3. Despite being the fifth biggest album ever in America, it peaked at a surprisingly low number four on the charts.
4. Although it was apparently performed during warm up shows Belgium and Holland, prior to the Back In Black tour, Shake A Leg has never re-appeared in the band’s live set. This is because it’s in such a high register.
5. The band shot videos for six songs on the album:

Hells Bells

Back In Black

What Do You Do For Money Honey

You Shook Me All Night Long

Let Me Put My Love Into You

Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution

6. In 1985, the infamous Parents Music resource Center (PMRC) published a list of the 15 filthiest songs. Let Me Put My Love Into You made it in at number six. This was supposed to warn people against letting children hear such ‘filth’. Get the feeling the opposite happened? For the record, Prince’s Darling Nikki was number one.

7. Among those to cover You Shook Me All Night Long are Celine Dion, Six Feet Under and Aussie parody singer Richard Cheese.

8. The biggest UK single from the album was Rock And Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution, which got to number 15.

9. Malcolm Young actually came up with the riff for the song Back In Black years before it became a song. He used to play it as a warm up.

10. Over the decades, there have been a lot of rumours about Bon Scott’s alleged involvement with the album. These include reports that demoed some of the tracks with the band and that he wrote some of the lyrics.

OK, that’s it. Wee suggest you now play the great album at annoyingly massive volume. Oh, and if you’ve got any further facts or opinions, put them in the Comment box below.

Find out more at AC/DC | The Official AC/DC Site

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Re: Wanna feel old? "Back In Black" is 30 years old today!!

At this point, I bet Shake A Leg isn't the only song that doesn't get played live.

For example, they have no reason to perform something like Let Me Put My Love Into You. Even if AC/DC did, however, their set list probably isn't long enough to warrant including it at the expense of more popular songs in the first place.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Wanna feel old? "Back In Black" is 30 years old today!!

I do feel old now :heheh:

Happy Birthday Back In Black :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.