Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Minus Silent Lucidity by Queensryche

and our winner is

Wind of Change by Scorpions

Not my favorite songs by them, but their greatest hit, undoubtly.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Doh, totally missed this strip list! I don't think I've ever disagreed with one more, and as much as a fan of Scorpions and Queensryche I am, absolutely disagree with those two songs making the final. Oh well, guess I'm just disappointed most of my faves went at the beginning :wa

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Doh, totally missed this strip list! I don't think I've ever disagreed with one more, and as much as a fan of Scorpions and Queensryche I am, absolutely disagree with those two songs making the final. Oh well, guess I'm just disappointed most of my faves went at the beginning :wa

Same here! I tried to get our Tori and Pumpkins in there but there were some nefarious strippers here! :oyea:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I know, not mentioning any names *cough* Lynch *cough*. Mind you Soots - like a dagger to my heart - you gave Metallica, Judas Priest and Guns N' Roses the chop :tongue:

Looking on the bright side at least KISS didn't win 2yo9501.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I know, not mentioning any names *cough* Lynch *cough*. Mind you Soots - like a dagger to my heart - you gave Metallica, Judas Priest and Guns N' Roses the chop :tongue:

Looking on the bright side at least KISS didn't win 2yo9501.jpg

:heheh:

I was gong based on what my 90's are! My peak for the 90's were anything after Nirvana broke it big and all the bands/artist that followed. A lot of these bands that broke big beforehand don't feel as 90's but rather bands that were big in the 80's or even 70's that just happened to squeak out a hit or merely just an album itself in the 90's. I did like the Metallica songs and they were definitely huge in the 90's with that album. The Guns N' Roses wasn't even near my favorite from that album either. Anyway, the fun of these list is that each person defines a decade different or will eliminate something just to insure something they likes has more odds of winning! :grinthumb

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I don't intend to rain on anybody's parade and this is just a suggestion. A better, more democratic way to do this stripping business is to eliminate a song from a list only if it gets the maximum number of votes from all participants. For example: You have a list of 20 songs from the 90s. Somebody will then run 19 poll threads, one after another to eliminate 19 out of the 20 songs. The last song standing is the winner. :D

Or if you think, that's too many poll threads for one list clogging up the forum then... let all participants rank the 20 songs in order of preference and then post their lists. One person will then collate everything and determine the overall Top 20.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
^^^ That's kind of a slow and tedious process. The strip list method may be cutthroat and get people a bit upset, but that's what makes them exciting IMO. You can certainly post threads using the other methods that you've mentioned if you like.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't intend to rain on anybody's parade and this is just a suggestion. A better, more democratic way to do this stripping business is to eliminate a song from a list only if it gets the maximum number of votes from all participants. For example: You have a list of 20 songs from the 90s. Somebody will then run 19 poll threads, one after another to eliminate 19 out of the 20 songs. The last song standing is the winner. :D

Or if you think, that's too many poll threads for one list clogging up the forum then... let all participants rank the 20 songs in order of preference and then post their lists. One person will then collate everything and determine the overall Top 20.

The only person who would take the time to do all the tedious threads and calculations is Cosmic Harmony. She might do it if the price is right!!!

:heheh:

I like the strips because you never know who/what will win. It may not be the most democratic way of choosing a winner, but is fun. Everyone gets a chance to choose a loser!!!

:gig

Edit: When I think of the 90's, I think Black Crowes. So I was tickled to see them make it to the last 10 choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online