90's Strip List - Let'r Rip {closed}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't intend to rain on anybody's parade and this is just a suggestion. A better, more democratic way to do this stripping business is to eliminate a song from a list only if it gets the maximum number of votes from all participants. For example: You have a list of 20 songs from the 90s. Somebody will then run 19 poll threads, one after another to eliminate 19 out of the 20 songs. The last song standing is the winner. :D
That's a much slower process and isn't a "strip" game, but rather a "survivor" game.

It can be done, but with 100 songs it would take 2 years to get through one full list. We would also need a completely separate subforum to do it due to restrictions on the number of songs you could have in a poll (polling is the only truly decent/smart way to do it), so you'd have to have multiple polls running at once.

It's a decent idea and I've done that on other forums. But yeah, time consuming and kind of a pain in the ass. It also gets to the point where people lose interest because it takes so long.

Lynch

Reaction score
I like the strips because you never know who/what will win. It may not be the most democratic way of choosing a winner, but is fun. Everyone gets a chance to choose a loser!!!

What would be interesting is to take the same strip list and run it a couple of times over say, 3 months. Maybe once a month with the exact same songs and see just how different it turns out.

It'll always be different based on how many people are participating.

ecisgod

Reaction score
The only person who would take the time to do all the tedious threads and calculations is Cosmic Harmony. She might do it if the price is right!!!

:heheh:

I like the strips because you never know who/what will win. It may not be the most democratic way of choosing a winner, but is fun. Everyone gets a chance to choose a loser!!!

:gig

Edit: When I think of the 90's, I think Black Crowes. So I was tickled to see them make it to the last 10 choices.

I totally agree about the Black Crowes. I'm a big fan and I was hoping one of the Crowes Tunes was gonna win it!!

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What would be interesting is to take the same strip list and run it a couple of times over say, 3 months. Maybe once a month with the exact same songs and see just how different it turns out.

Sounds interesting to me!

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score

Maybe not the same exact strip list, but a new add list with the same subject might be interesting. It would be interesting to see if people would add the same songs or if they would add a completely different set the second time around.

Lynch

Reaction score
Maybe not the same exact strip list, but a new add list with the same subject might be interesting. It would be interesting to see if people would add the same songs or if they would add a completely different set the second time around.
That would take away from the 'scientific study' in showing just how different the strips can be. If you change the sample, it would negate my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online