Votes: 33 67.3%
  • US

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I think it's 50/50....

but you forgot The Who for UK and The Grateful Dead for the USA...

which is unforgivable.

:heheh:

Just kidding...

Lots of great American classic rock bands, lots of great British bands, add them up and it's even for me...especially since my taste in rock music is wide and deep.

:)

To be honest I don't know much of US bands, however I have some of the albums from there

WoW....really?....that's hard to believe.

You need to broaden your musical horizons.

You're missing out on A LOT of GREAT music...

Try the ''Allman Brothers Band Live At The Fillmore East'' :grinthumb

and Hot Tuna ''Yellow Fever'' :grinthumb

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Nolo is still young Groovy, plenty of time for him to "Broaden" his horizons.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am going to put myself in the 70's for this vote.....I listened to almost exclusive USA bands during that time. So the USA it is!!! Aerosmith being my #1 Band :D

But if I vote on my tastes of today, the vote would go to the UK.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
No harm your post was in good fun Groovy...if nothing else maybe you'll inspire him to collect some classic American bands now.:D

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Of course, UK. For me, the listed British groups - it's a real geniuses, many of whose became the first (and the best) in their genres. And all Americans are on the list (besides the Great and Terrible Alice) - just very, very good rock bands...and that's all. By the way, Nololob, why in the English list is no place for "Queen"?2_sm8.gif
75% of my library are bands from UK, most of them are in my top 50, so I picked what I had on top 50. Queen unfortunately for them are not even in Top 700. :tongue:

I think it's 50/50....

but you forgot The Who for UK and The Grateful Dead for the USA...

which is unforgivable.

:heheh:

Just kidding...

Lots of great American classic rock bands, lots of great British bands, add them up and it's even for me...especially since my taste in rock music is wide and deep.

:)

WoW....really?....that's hard to believe.

You need to broaden your musical horizons.

You're missing out on A LOT of GREAT music...

Try the ''Allman Brothers Band Live At The Fillmore East'' :grinthumb

and Hot Tuna ''Yellow Fever'' :grinthumb

:cheers2

I completely forgot about existence of Grateful Dead, even that you have them on your avatar. Please, forgive me. :uh: :heheh:
American music is still a bit strange for me, doesn't have that... something... what British bands have. I'm more keen about European music right now. But still some greats from US I like: Captain Beyond, Slayer, Pentagram, Steppenwolf, Elf/Dio and some many more. :grinthumb

Oh, Frank Zappa?
MUFFIN MAN! :pullhair:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I'd say US. For me, the best bands from either country are Sabbath and Purple, but then again there are a lot of the UK bands from that time period that I've just never had much interest in (like Floyd and Zeppelin).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online

Members online